JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a good owb holster for a Beretta 92... Maybe iwb...

Something for everyday tee shirt & jeans carry

Prefer a paddle or clip thats easy to pop off when needed rather than having to remove my belt

Something close fitting & not too low...

Im just under 6' & 170#

I've got a couple different OWB holsters that came with my 92 that I'm not using and I'll post a picture of when I get home.

I purchased a hybrid holster during Beretta's Black Friday sale and have been very happy with it although it is currently out of stock: Beretta 92 / 96 series Hybrid Holster (IWB RH) (http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/92-96-series-hybrid-blk-iwb-ho-gi03incimrh/e00833/)

I'm 6'0" and around 265 right now so my tactical beer belly helps hide a big pistol like the 92 a little better.

I'm really a fan of holsters with two attachment points. I haven't tried a single attachment point IWB or paddle holster yet.

Left to right:
Bianchi nylon with extra mag storage (free)
Beretta FO29 (free)
Tagua leather OWB belt holster (I like this style for OWB)
Beretta Hybrid IWB (what I carry)

20160708_195820.jpg

I am an Alien Gear fanboy, umm, fanoldman. They work for me. I do however, also like my single clip IWB holsters. Grab and go as it were. Best wishes with your search. Keep us posted.

When I had a full size beretta I had a galco holster that would hold it size ways in the small of my back it was pretty comfy.
Either way that's a large gun to carry. It wasn't all that comfortable.
I would suggest getting a carry gun and you'll be a lot happier.

I really like CoverSixGear. They're a small outfit, but their customer service is outstanding. What I like about their holsters is that they allow you to buy the kydex shells by themselves, so you only need the one IWB platform, and can swap out the kydex shells easily to carry different pieces.

For OWB easy detach - Galxo Matrix M7X - you have two mounting points, it holds SNUG to the body, and it uses two one-way snap straps for attachment. I used to use paddles, and they were comfortable - but paddle holsters with any retention to them seem to wind up coming out of the pants along with the gun, so I stopped using them.

For IWB - same story - snap straps are the king. Only clip that doesn't suck is Ulti Clip - but you might as well use a snap strap at that point. They are more secure, and it matters not if it is metal or polymer, the clips will fail to hold to the belt at some point and the holster will come out with the gun. I've done J hooks, C hooks, clips, straps - it's straps or nada. I'll use a paddle back for mag carriers, or a clip for a mag carrier - but NOT for the pistol holster. Pull the dot one way snaps make life simple and easy and you know the gun is the only thing coming out of your pants when you draw.

One other nice thing with snap straps over clips - they blend. If you wear a leather belt - you can get leather straps of similar color. If you wear nylon - you can get rubber or nylon straps of similar color - they blend in and no one things twice. A shiny metal or plastic clip however, is a lot more noticeable.

image.jpeg The very finest and most comfortable iwb holster I have found for a full size and weight pistol (1911 Commander) is the Milt Sparks Nexus.

Backside is horsehide and pretty impervious to moisture. Frontside is steer hide contoured to the specific sidearm. Double belt loops that close magnetically.

Alien Gear would be a close second, but the Nexus is much more comfortable.

Like many others, I have quite the collection of uncomfortable and less useful holsters. Double attachment points will spread the weight of the pistol and help with comfort.

I ended up buying an Old Faithful hybrid holster. The price was right and theyre a local NW company.
Its adjustable, It sits low enough that I dont print too much and I can still effectively get a good draw.
Ive only been wearing it today, but it does feel pretty comfortable and the retention feels right on too.

Time will tell.

I've got a couple different OWB holsters that came with my 92 that I'm not using and I'll post a picture of when I get home.

I purchased a hybrid holster during Beretta's Black Friday sale and have been very happy with it although it is currently out of stock: Beretta 92 / 96 series Hybrid Holster (IWB RH) (http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/92-96-series-hybrid-blk-iwb-ho-gi03incimrh/e00833/)

I'm 6'0" and around 265 right now so my tactical beer belly helps hide a big pistol like the 92 a little better.
Tactical beer belly?
Did know I could call it thato_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top