Gunshops/FFL holders - shipping question

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by deadmeat08, Jan 12, 2011.

1. deadmeat08

deadmeat08 Member

0   0   0
    I am looking to order a gun off of Cheaper Than Dirt (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/56928-55.html) but I'm not sure how to get it here. Since I live in SE PDX, I called The Gun Broker in Clackamas, but they'll only let you order used guns through them. I'd rather not even try The Gun Room lest I get assaulted for wanting a "crappy plastic gun".
    Do most gun stores only let you order used guns or other guns that they don't stock? Does anyone have a suggestion as to where to go? Is anyone willing (and trustworthy enough) to let me order through them?
    Advice, suggestions, warnings, anecdotes?

Thanks NWFA!
  2. oregonshooter

oregonshooter Member

0   0   0
    Yes, otherwise you are going to buy cheaper and the $15.00 they make on a transfer is not worth it to them, especially coming from private individuals who never seem to be able to follow simple instructions like placing a photo copy of their DL in the box.

NRA (IIRC) has a local FFL locator to find people in your area willing to do transfers, some for free.
  3. magnum

magnum American....'nuff said Bronze Supporter

145   0   0
    Check with coctailer on here. He might be willing to help you.
  4. deadmeat08

deadmeat08 Member

0   0   0
    thanks for the info, guys!