JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Aim at the mask, aim at the mask...

Would be great if it was a CHL holder who ended it. But either way, glad the shooter will not cost the tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars or more with a trial and incarceration. Prayers for the families of those he killed. This is one reason why I won't go to Washington until my CPL comes (if it comes). I don't want to be unarmed unless I absolutely have no choice, and even then I won't be liking it. It was bad enough not being able to carry when I went over to the Clark County Sheriff's office to apply for the CPL last Monday.

Who cares if the average person doesn't know squat about guns. Innocent people are dead, please knock off the crap about wrong firearms terminology. This is in our backyard and it's not a joke. Fear and relief come out differently for different people but please knock off the smart a$$ remarks about clips, style of gun, and signs on the doors.

This isn't something that happens here and frankly, cause me to rethink how I'll act anywhere I go in the future. This isn't Afganistan, Mexico, or Somolia, it's the Northwest US. WE shouldn't have to live in this kind of fear for our loved ones and neighbors.

Not sure where your from or how long you been in the Great Northwest but.

Oregon has had mass shootings dating all the way back to May of 1887 when 7 horse theives shot and murdered 7 chinese miners on the sanke river followed by killing 8 more the next day.

The Springfield High School shootings recently

Even the term going Postal has roots in a Post office in Baker Oregon.

Bad things happen everywhere.

CNNs "expert" just blamed Oregons liberal gun laws and lack of assault weapons ban for this incident.
Makes my blood boil. Hundreds of thousands of people own AR style rifles and didn't attack anyone today. One person does and there should be a ban. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My family and I were just there a few days ago. My wife and I always carry there. My 13 y/o daughter likes to meet her friends there. We take her and give her space but never leave the mall when she is there, and make her call us every 15 minutes. Not gonna happen anymore. After the recent cinema shooting, we were going to CTC and my daughter saw me put my pistol in my belt and said, "Really, we're just going to the mall. I doubt you'll need that." SO this makes shootings in two places that I frequent and had been in within a day or two within one year (the other was the Salem WalMart parking lot near the airport). So, embrace your paranoia. There's good reason for it.

We were there about an hour before this happened at the Excaliber Cutlery shop. That is right across from the food court. I am glad we got out of there. This is two times in a few years a mall shooting has occurred shortly after we were there.

Just curious, where do you guys practice taking head shots at moving targets with your carry guns at medium (10-20 yard?) ranges (never mind being in a heavily populated enclosed area during mass hysteria)? I shoot paper regularly, and I'm not bad at it, but I imagine there would be a 1000 variables to absorb within the span of a few seconds, and the last thing you want to do is miss and hit some innocent bystander. Personally, I have no training or practice for a situation like that, and I'd have to wonder what percentage of CHL holders do.

I would bet there were CHL holders there, and when the adrenaline took over, they made the best choice they could at the time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top