JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
anyone remember this movie?

Heat-Movie-e1340113964974.jpg

r.i.p innocent people

Point One: This nutcake had a mental illness history which was ignored by either his physician or a prior mental health consultation.
Point Two: Events like this are reminders that 1) our mental health system is broke, and Oregon's stellar delivery systems is a joke, and 2) the medical or health care professionals are equally dumb in the identification of mentally ill and those needing treatment. Point 3: This nutjob just did not wake up this morning without a history of mental illness--there is likely a trail of symptoms leading back to the health care delivery system, his employer, friends, or family members--whom likely ignored him. Some day a CHL will neutralize these attackers. On a more personal side the citizens response to the shooting caught my attention. The news channels commented folks were "huddled around crying". Some folks likely had a stronger emotional and adaptive response than what was noted by the news reporters. I guess some people are just too weak to martial a more adaptive response---but the news folks did not report on this. There were likely some people that responded more defensively and protectively, and did not huddle and cry. Maybe I am wrong, but just thinkiing out loud. I doubt former military men and women would huddle and cry.

I'm 1000% positive that points one and three will be confirmed. I agree with point two as well. And I really, really hope that the shooter was "neutralized" by an armed private citizen.

so even with no firearms allowed sign, if a person who concealed carried took down the bad guy, will that person get in trouble for carrying a firearm into the building?

so even with no firearms allowed sign, if a person who concealed carried took down the bad guy, will that person get in trouble for carrying a firearm into the building?

I would hope not, I would hope that at least it would change the company policy of whoever owns the mall, to allow firearms.

Wow crazy stuff I hope all this end of the world crap ends people need to cheer up its the holidays and now some dick made it so two people will miss out. I am happy to hear a lot of people helped eachother. It makes you think what will you do if some thing like that happend around you. You know mall movies gas station any where

As far as i know. If someone is carrying a gun legaly the only thing a "non-firearm" establishment can do is ask them to leave.

yea telling the news as it is is a joke. now fox is responsible for what the witness say's:s0113:
Who cares if the average person doesn't know squat about guns. Innocent people are dead, please knock off the crap about wrong firearms terminology. This is in our backyard and it's not a joke. Fear and relief come out differently for different people but please knock off the smart a$$ remarks about clips, style of gun, and signs on the doors.

This isn't something that happens here and frankly, cause me to rethink how I'll act anywhere I go in the future. This isn't Afganistan, Mexico, or Somolia, it's the Northwest US. WE shouldn't have to live in this kind of fear for our loved ones and neighbors.

Sweet JESUS, MARY, AND JOSEPH!!!! I was THERE at Clackamas Town Center today, and left just prior to the shooting!!! Holy PHLUCK!

Yes I was carrying at the time too. I don't care if I was armed, I am still very glad I was not there at the time.

I carry, but I don't want to shoot anyone, ever.

Employees rushing to the doors locking them, not letting people in or out?

I don't know about you, but I would be leaving one way or the other.This is what I have been hearing...Is this protocol? Seems like this wouldn't work very well for the employees.

Who cares if the average person doesn't know squat about guns. Innocent people are dead, please knock off the crap about wrong firearms terminology. This is in our backyard and it's not a joke. Fear and relief come out differently for different people but please knock off the smart a$$ remarks about clips, style of gun, and signs on the doors.

This isn't something that happens here and frankly, cause me to rethink how I'll act anywhere I go in the future. This isn't Afganistan, Mexico, or Somolia, it's the Northwest US. WE shouldn't have to live in this kind of fear for our loved ones and neighbors.
you highlighted the wrong post I was talking about the jackwagon that I highlighted ( krivey)

I personally think people should carry rifles with them now. We don't live in the same society as your grandma or grandpa. These whackjobs will always be able to get "high powered" rifles and body armor. The only people who are not allowed to carry a rifle to protect themselves are law abiding citizens. The police, as always, were too late.

While I consider that "overkill" (somewhat literally - rifles are *NOT* for self-defense in crowded areas, too much collateral damage,) you can do that. Clackamas County has no bar on open carry, and apparently Clackamas Town Center has no posted prohibition on open carry. Anyone feel like making the news by visiting on the first day it's open, wearing "SECURITY" shirts armed with rifles? (Sorry, I'll have to work that day... This is not an issue I'm willing to get arrested over, even if the charges were to get overturned.)

It is hard for me not to just sit back and 1.) pray for the families/people that were there, saw, and were affected by this. My sister and law and her 1 year old daughter were there a few hours before this. 2.) Thank god that no one i know or my family were there when this happened.
It just goes to show how precious life is.
It dose show that carrying a gun, even to a mall can help save your life and the lives of people around you. I understand miss use of gun terminology by witnesses. i expect to hear that. not everyone knows what types of guns are... I will just have to see what facts are revealed and hope that Oregon dose not become an Anti-gun state.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top