JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone,

Not sure where exactly to post this question so here we go, I Bought a new Centurion by Liberty Gun Safe on friday at lowes. It is a small 12 gun safe and it was on sale so i couldnt pass it up. The one catch was it was the display model and it is missing the three shelves to the right in the picture below
Liberty_Centurion_12_Gun_Safe_99539.jpg

The lower two shelves are just basic square/rectangular shelves and the third one up is a special cover/shelf type thing that slides over the rifle/shotgun rack on that side.

I called liberty and the price to buy new shelves from then is a little ridiculous so i am thinking about making them. Does anybody out there have the same safe that could give me the dimensions of shelves? or better yet does anyone have shelves for the same safe that they pulled out to store more long guns?

Thanks and Happy Shootin

Liberty_Centurion_12_Gun_Safe_99539.jpg

Every Lowes is selling these units. Find another store and trace the pattern on a piece of cardboard.
It's just 5/8" particle board (Lowes) and any decent sized fabric store will have something to match the interior.
I would get a can of 3M contact spray adhesive (Lowes) to apply the fabric to the shelves.

FarmerTed1971,
Yes I can, but it is alot safer to measure the shelf itself to get more accurate dimensions, i do not have a table saw so i will be heading over somewhere to get them cut and i don't want to have to go back and forth to trim them to fit.

Jbett98,
That is a good idea as well thank you im hoping that someone might have one laying around in their garage as they read this and can tell me really quick to save me a trip to lowes but i talked to liberty and they will send the fabric for $5 per yard but you are probably right about finding the same material at a local store, i only hesitate becuase i would really rather they match and I can't really take a sample in with me, i guess i could probobaly just snap a picture.

Botheyesopen,

It would be a cool opertunity but the safe is pretty small as is so im not sure really what i could work up

Certaindeaf,

That is the other concern i had is making sure i find the right hardware.

Liberty wants $62 for the three shelves and im just trying to figure out if its cheaper to buy them from them and get everything i need or if i should launch into this little project, im probably only looking at $30 in material but itd also be a few hours of drving around and looking for what i need and then a few hours of cutting, attaching the fabric and brackets and fitting into the safe as well.

I do appreciate all of your guys' input by the way

Not to mention i am hoping as i said in my op thet someone out there has the same safe and doesnt use they shelves because they use it for long guns and they might be willing to sell them to me. That is my number one choice, i would buy them off the shelf but they are not available anywhere locally and as i said liberty's price is alittle steep

Call Charlie at Mountain View Safe Co.
He is in Boring, OR.
He has a bunch of demo safes and extra stuff, I would think that he could help you out.
503-706-7347

My old American Eagle safe was a coin vault when I bought it used & didn't come with any shelves like the gun safes, so I built them myself. I looked at many & measured one about the same size and went to town. I tried taking pics but due to the safe being firmly mounted in a closet they didn't turn out good at all.

my safe did not come with any shelving. just the vertical spacer strips.
i started with plywood and just made my own insides, both for rifle and
pistols, then covered with fabric. when i got to the smaller shelves, i
was able to get something like 10 gauge steel and just bent them in a
brake. those were covered with same fabric. plywood and fabric
(secured with adhesive or staples) is the quickest and most economical.
oh, i used dowels glued into sockets to keep the rifles separated.

I gave Charlie a ring but no answer so I'll wait for his response but it sounds like making the shelves is a pretty common thing after all so I guess maybe that is the best route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

He's probably out hunting this time of year.
If you are going to make your own, you will need a saber saw to make the "U" or "V" shaped cutouts for the top shelf.
I have one safe with a top shelf that's 19" x 9". You are welcome to use it as a template.
I have all of the tools also. PM be if interested.

The inside of my safe doesn't look anything like it did when I bought it. I've added lights and a "Damp Chaser". I found the supports were too high for AR Carbines and I ended up moving the shelves down. Then, I started to customize my AR's and the rack spacing was too close. That and the depth didn't like all of those high mounted optics. :s0131:

Every time I add something the shelves become a "work in Progress". :s0077:

Oh well, long as the door closes and locks.;)

Jack...:cool:

He's probably out hunting this time of year.
If you are going to make your own, you will need a saber saw to make the "U" or "V" shaped cutouts for the top shelf.
I have one safe with a top shelf that's 19" x 9". You are welcome to use it as a template.
I have all of the tools also. PM be if interested.

Oops I must not have been clear It does already have the rifle racks and the large top shelf i am only missing the square side shelves! But thank you for the offer!

Orygun_Partiot
Thats where my mind is at also now, $62 is steep to order the shevles from liberty but when you add in the time and energy it will take it might just be worth it! And i just bought an AR on friday along with the safe so if i buy more guns my fiance might be asking me to find a new a place to live lol but buying more guns is always the number one option when possible!!

Capn Jack,
Customizing is a beautiful thing but i have a 6th month baby boy at home so I need to drop a couple hobies i can't afford to pick any up!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top