JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never heard of anything like that before. I did have an FFL have to go through a few dif people when I purchased 2 rifles within a few hours of each other. All was good in the end though:s0131:

now you know the person who told you that is unreliable at best. he either deliberately spreads bullbubblegum lies, or doesn't bother to verify bullbubblegum lies before spreading them around. either way, the things he says cannot be trusted.

When I lived in South Carolina in the late '80's, it was illegal to purchase more than 1 handgun in a 30 day period. Supposedly the law was inacted to prevent people from buying lots of guns and shipping them north to places like New York city.

I recently heard a person can only legally purchase 2 guns per month in Oregon. Any truth to that?

No truth to it at all. I've purchased more than 2 in one day:)

Heck--you can purchase more than 2 on one background check! 4473 has
room for 2, but additional can be listed on a separate piece of paper.
If 2 or more of them are handguns, then a form 3310.4 is also required.

No truth to it at all. I've purchased more than 2 in one day:)

Heck--you can purchase more than 2 on one background check! 4473 has
room for 2, but additional can be listed on a separate piece of paper.
If 2 or more of them are handguns, then a form 3310.4 is also required.
Since I don't have a FFL, I'm unsure if the form you quoted is correct. I do remember when I purchased 2 handguns in one transaction, the guy having to fill out an additional form. :s0155:

which would change things, but not my statement, oddly enough.

what's that say about the authenticity of our feminist culture?

The Portland feminist bookstore "In Other Words" carries my gun magazine and the manager has a CHL. Most feminists I know wish they could afford 2 guns a month. I don't know what this culture is you refer to.

The Portland feminist bookstore "In Other Words" carries my gun magazine and the manager has a CHL. Most feminists I know wish they could afford 2 guns a month. I don't know what this culture is you refer to.

the fact that if a man is caught spreading mis- or disinformation, we're pretty hard on them. but if it's a woman, we just sort of roll our eyes and move on.

my point had nothing to do with guns, and was more addressing male sexism and the lie that is feminism. men may act like they regard women equally, yet our expectations of them are generally much lower, regardless.

the fact that if a man is caught spreading mis- or disinformation, we're pretty hard on them. but if it's a woman, we just sort of roll our eyes and move on.

my point had nothing to do with guns, and was more addressing male sexism and the lie that is feminism. men may act like they regard women equally, yet our expectations of them are generally much lower, regardless.

That's funny, I notice the exact opposite. Just one example close to home:
I know three female auto mechanics who are more experienced than me, except I'm working in that field and they're not. The standard for them is so much HIGHER that an employer would rather have me in their shop despite my lower qualifications.

That's funny, I notice the exact opposite. Just one example close to home:
I know three female auto mechanics who are more experienced than me, except I'm working in that field and they're not. The standard for them is so much HIGHER that an employer would rather have me in their shop despite my lower qualifications.

because he'd have to pay them more or something? not sure i understand

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads