JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not a single stack, it's a stupid semi-staggered stack just like the G36. WTF is the point. You still get a grip that is too fat with too few extra rounds to justify it. They could've really innovated (for glock, not counting the 100 other subcompact real single stack .380 autos out there) and made an honest to god real single stack gun. The G42 is full of "meh". The Beretta Nano is smaller and is 9x19. The Kahr PM9 is smaller and is 9x19. The Ruger LC9 is smaller and is a 9x19. 9x19 > .380 - it's better ballistically and cheaper to boot with far more bullet design options and ammo choices to pick from.

Glock fan boys rejoice - but this gun does absolutely nothing better than any competition on the market already, other than it says "Glock" on the side.

I like Glocks - I carry a Glock 19 everywhere I go. This new 42, and the 41, are stupid and Glock showed once again, they stopped listening or giving a shat about what consumers really want decades ago. They cannot innovate, they can't even copy-cat in a decent amount of time. They continue to sell on a built up reputation and branding - but that reputation is loosing it's luster with the number of problems with later production generation 3 and gen 4 guns. They "fix" crap that isn't broken but refuse to address the cries of their user base for two decades only to parade out the two most useless models they've made since the release of the Glock 37. At least the Glock 38 and 39 get you compactness with capacity similar to a similarly sized 1911 so you're not really loosing anything, other than money and time trying to find .45GAP ammo because Glock couldn't figure out how to work a .45ACP cartridge into a grip frame similar enough to their 9/40 frame, unlike the engineers at Springfield/HS with the XD pistols. Smith & Wesson even found a way to have a .45ACP in the M&P grip without making it so fat you need gorilla hands to comfortably hold or shoot the gun. And sadly, when they try to really deviate from the norm, they suck at it and give you something goofy like a semi-staggered stack gun. If you're going to go with non-standard gun, and try for a slim gun - ditch the polymer shrouded mag concept and use a thinner, more robust metal single stack mag. Every other gun maker figured out how to do it.

I think they didn't wanna do a single stack because the 9mm sits funny if you single stack it. The .45 acp in a single stack is fine, but I guess (from experience) the brass of a 9mm is slightly tapered and that makes it sit funny in a single stack mag. I used to have a P6 Sig and a CW9 Kahr.... both single stacks and the way the rounds sat in the mag used tick me off lol. That's my edumicated guess though.

I love Glocks but I am sorry, I don't care about this one.... oh less recoil blah blah small gun blah..... I'd take a shield over this Glock. Heck even the xds.