JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello hello!
The Northwest Armory received a few of these this week and I couldn't resist. I'm mainly a 9mm guy as my main EDC is a G26, but I have carried a Sig P238 (love it) and a Taurus TCP (HATED it, traded it for the Sig) and was super curious about this particular Glock addition.

First impressions:

Size - the thing is TINY. It's dimensions and heft are very similar to my Sig
Glock-ness: It really is a miniature Glock. The only thing/difference that really stuck out, when compared to my G26, was the lack of (on the 42) raised polymer by/protecting the slide release. I've read some folks were riding the G42's slide release so it didn't rack open on last round. Hasn't been an issue so far.
Spring: REALLY stiff. This concerns me... should it?

First 48 rounds:

First three magazines (18 rounds) - Flawless. What I expected of Glock. TOTALLY fun and easy to shoot. Mama. Tight groups at 5 and 10 yards. I love this gun.
Second three magazines (18 rounds) - had one FTF and one FTE. Hmm.
Third TWO magazines (12 rounds) - had FTF or FTE on every round. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe it just needs some breaking in? Got dirty quick? I cleaned it the night before. At the club I used a variety of S&B target ammo, PMC HP and Corbon HP...including in the last 24 rounds..same result.

I've read a million "SHOT show Media Day at the range" reports and they all say "Flawless!"... "Left with a smile on my face!" ... etc... I wonder if Glock brought pistols that had had a 1000 rounds thru each already and maybe it just needs some breaking in. ???

...this seems weird since my other Glocks have fired perfectly from round one and thousands after... not sure I can recall a FTE/FTF on a single one of them..

Ok, stay tuned for Range Report 2....coming soon...and I'll bring my cleaning kit...

$399...full retail as expected. We should see them on the boards in about a week or so...for $450-$500 just like the Shield. I'll wait until the end of the year....:)

Not bashing Glock, Ill admit they are a decent weapon but without even looking I can tell you exactly what the difference between this Glock and every other Glock since day one is! ...mmm......nothing. Im ready for somone to do something new. Something genuinely new. Its been what.....25 years or so. Want to bet what they unveil at SHOT 2015 ? And we will still be doing the same old bubblegum and gripe cuz they didnt pick our favorite caliber or favorite magazine configuration.

Reliable then changing to not as reliable would concern me, too. I'd surely give it a good scrubbin before taking it out for test #2, but the gun shouldn't have gone completely hay-wire in less than a box of ammo.
I just read a couple of articles on this piece, but no one shot it. They weren't much more than an advertisement.

Heep us posted, please.

Watching this one for pure curiosity. I've seen that in my Sisters P226, didn't look that dirty, but a reasonable clean and froglube, no problems.

NWA got these in last Thursday eve. Sold out. Glock Handguns, Glock Gun, Glock Pistol, 9mm glock, glock 17, glock 19, glock 22, glock 26, glock for sale

mpperales you are probably right...and I'm thinking they will be hard to come by. When I was there, I'm pretty sure the owner said they got 17 of them. Would love to hear another (local) perspective on the handgun.

F2CMaDMaXX, I have heard good things about froglube....maybe I'll get some in time for club visit 3...

In the meanwhile, I'm planning on club visit 2 this week... stay tuned!

Range Report 2:

Unfortunately it was worse then the first. After the last visit I thoroughly cleaned and lubricated the pistol. Similar to the first report, two magazines, of PMC HP, went through fine. Next magazine (more PMC) FTE/FTF every other round. Switched to S&B target ammo. Same thing, every other round. This time I was getting worse FTF issues: the spent casing would fully eject, trigger would go 'click' but no new round had moved into the chamber.. I gave the barrel and feed ramp a quick, but full, cleaning. Didn't get through one magazine before the issues started again.

I'm starting to think it's me. :) I had the XDs .45 before the recall. I gotta stop beta testing these new models. :)

Anywho, called Glock, got right through. They are gonna start by sending me a new recoil spring. Happy to say that I have never had to call Glock customer service. Glad they have been good so far.

Oh, forgot to mention that I brought my Sig P238 this morning as well. I fed it 5 7-round magazines full of the same variety of ammo.. I noticed two things:

1. Flawless performance, every single round
2. The Sig's recoil spring is MUCH less stiff then the G42's. I'd say it's a least half as stiff.

Stay tuned for further reports!

Certainly sounds like a duff gun, the recoil spring sounds a good start.

Hope you do get to try Froglube, the great part is being able to fully 'lube' mags with it, as it has no properties of oil, other than the slickness, it's perfect for them.

I fondled a Glock 42 today at Westcoast Armory in Bellevue. It seems like a nice little gun. I won't be buying one though since I'm not ready to take on another caliber of ammo.

Peter

... interesting if the replacement recoil spring fixes the problem; or is it the magazine(s), the brass to face ...
I'm hanging on the the P238 a little longer ... :)

Can we get another update once the replacement recoil spring is to hand ...

… interesting if the replacement recoil spring fixes the problem; or is it the magazine(s), the brass to face …
I'm hanging on the the P238 a little longer … :)

Can we get another update once the replacement recoil spring is to hand …

You can count on an update wombat!

I love my P238! Love, Love, LOVE it. If the G42 doesn't work out I will certainly be content with my little Sig.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top