JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A 17 barrel does not work in a 19. A 19 barrel does work in a 26. A Gen 5 34 barrel will work in a 19 or 26.

23 barrels absolutely fit in a 27. 22 barrels don't.

You got your compatibility backwards

From top to bottom
Gen 5 34
Gen 3 17L
Gen 3 19
Gen 3 22C
Gen 4 33

KIMG0378_01_BURST1000378_COVER.JPG

You know how the a g17 barrel will work in a g19 but the same barrel wouldn't work in a g26 because of different locking block.

Is that the same thing for 40 cal? i.e. g22/g23 v. G27
A Gen 5 17 barrel will work in the G19 and likely the G26. The Gen 1 through 4 G17 barrels will not work in the G19.

My guess is the Gen 5 G22 barrel will work in the G23s.

A Gen 5 17 barrel will work in the G19 and likely the G26. The Gen 1 through 4 G17 barrels will not work in the G19.

My guess is the Gen 5 G22 barrel will work in the G23s.
I'm not sure that's right. Do you have a gen 5 17 barrel? I've never known the 17/22 specifically to be compatible with much., though the gen 5 34 definitely IS compatible with a 19/26 and my gen 3 22/35 are compatible with each other so it stands to reason it could be right. No firsthand experience with a gen 5 17 at all.

I believe the compatibility/modularity thing is largely why the 47 exists at all. I'd be curious to see pictures if you have them.

I'm not sure that's right. Do you have a gen 5 17 barrel? I've never known the 17/22 specifically to be compatible with much., though the gen 5 34 definitely IS compatible with a 19/26 and my gen 3 22/35 are compatible with each other so it stands to reason it could be right. No firsthand experience with a gen 5 17 at all.

I believe the compatibility/modularity thing is largely why the 47 exists at all. I'd be curious to see pictures if you have them.
Yes I bought a Gen 5 G17 barrel and ran it in my g23 and a dagger, it worked in both. The Gen 5 barrel lugs match up with the G19. I would guess the Gen 5 g22 barrels match up as well.

I may be wrong but I think 5th Gen went to the same locking on all the barrels for 9mm. I believe they all use the G19 locking block. But like @TTSX said, gen 1-4 is not like that.

As far as .40 goes I have no idea.

i believe any gen5 barrel will work in any gen 5 frame. my understanding is that they have switched to a universal locking block in gen 5's but i am usually wrong and havent done testing

I don't know about the locking lugs in particular but the Gen 5 barrels are internally different than the other generations with marksman rifling or some such thing like that also the frames and slides are beefed up some and I would guess the barrels having to work with those parts are different externally as well.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews