Glock 30 VS. Glock 30 SF

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by tacticalinsertion7923, Feb 22, 2011.

1. tacticalinsertion7923

tacticalinsertion7923 Active Member

50   0   0
    I have been all over the internet and have come to the conclusion I need REAL people's help. I am trying to distinguish the ACTUAL difference between a Glock 30 and the Glock 30 SF.
    If anyone has the actual sizes or lives near Oregon City and is willing to let me fondle their Glock 30(I have the SF) to see actual size difference in the hand I would appreciate it.

Any Info helps!

Thanks everyone!!
  2. orchemo

orchemo Active Member

72   0   0
    Slightly shorter length front to back. If you have bear paw hands, the standard grip is probably better. The Glock web-site will list the specs or look on Glock Talk.
  3. oasis618

oasis618 Active Member

3   0   0
    I have big hands and I went with the SF, it just feels better to me. It's best to head to the gun shop and handle both though.
  4. Dutchy556

Dutchy556 Member

45   0   0
    What orchemo said...

The SF is has a perceptively shorter grip front to back, not hugely so but you can tell. Most guys I know, myself included, prefer the short frame .45s and 10mms with the exception of those who have very large hands. Are you finding that your SF feels too small from front to rear of the grip?
  5. glockguy

glockguy Well-Known Member

47   0   0
    And Also If im correct the SF model adds the Rail... a plus in my book... i have the 30SF n love it.. its my daily carry
  6. tacticalinsertion7923

tacticalinsertion7923 Active Member

50   0   0
    Yes, I have the SF but really like the feel of my standard frame Glock 21. I do have large hands and would not mind a little something extra(add jokes here)! By the way the later Gen3's do have a rail on the standard 30s also. That is part of the reason I like the newer ones is because the rail.
  7. Iceberg

Iceberg Member

81   0   0
    I have a full size 3rd gen G21 & still would rather carry the slimmer G36 rather than the LFF G30 or G30SF. That said I do like the feel of the G30SF over the standard G30 even though I have large mitts.
  8. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Member

3   0   0
    I have medium size hands and i went with the G30. I like the bulk of the grip, i feel i get more control over the weapon with the wider grip. Thats just me though