JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow. I love that Cooper quote! I'm going to have to write that down.

However, it's more of a gray situation than a good guys / bad guys scenario.

When faced with starvation even good people will do whatever it takes, and this will sometimes put them against other good people.

I don't think it's a matter of race (although history shows that people will use chaos and anarchy to settle old scores.)

In the above scenarios it's violence, anger, hopelessness, badness and survival that will try the hearts of good men and women.

Those that are able to maintain the moral high ground and live life even remotely similar to pre-downfall will be the vast minority.

Get away from the masses and prepare as well as you can. That's your best chance at being among them.

I think you hit on the major point here... it's a "gray" situation. The way I look at it, the day inner cities start having trouble feeding themselves will be the same day the rest of us start having problems feeding ourselves. As it turns out, when it comes to putting food in the stomach, we are all vile, aggressive, self-interested monsters. This fact transcends all racial, ethnic and gender lines.

A major difference between the US and every other country in the world is that we have never had a peasant class. Our current welfare state is as close as we have ever gotten to having one, but it represents a very small fraction of the population. Except for maybe in the south, where there are people who are still upset at Tecumseh Sherman for burning down great great grandpappy's barn we don't have multi-generational tensions. Yea, there are some racial tensions, but those are more indicative of present day resource conflicts, not the seeds of genocide you see in eastern europe or the middle east.

I agree the best plan is to be able to get home on foot. Then, if other things work out great! But you've always got your feet!

My GHB contains (among other things) comfy shoes, socks and a change of clothes into dark, comfortable clothes. I just put some old ratty dark blue jeans, a black t-shirt and a black hooded sweatshirt. Didn't cost me anything. The bag itself is mossy-oak camo which may or may not be good, but I didn't want to buy a different bag. If you were trying to move stealthily at night for instance you could use engine grease to help camoflauge your face, hands and shoes if they are white. For most scenarios you'll just be trying to get home, and so escape and evade tactics will not be necessary as most of the panicked people will ALSO just be trying to get home.....but if you do just a little extra planning it is not too hard to make your GHB double as an E&E bag and doesn't have to cost you very much $$.

Wouldn't worry too much about the cammo backpack. They are pretty much everywhere.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top