JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bulls*t, the sheriff decided on red jacket based on their round shot through 2 pieces of glass not on accuracy. I bet you Vince's rifle shot better groups. That's a question of bullet choice vs accuracy.

Hey, it's made for mindless TV. Nothing close to truth. Will is con-man from the get-go. I use to have more tools in my shade tree garage than red-jacket has in his 5-6 man shop. But than again it's from Louisiana[ said with my best drawl]

This show is such BS. I know Allen that has the Oerlikon through a friend. They called him up and wanted the gun on the show and he reluctantly agreed. The FTE was totally made up and the so called bolt that was broken came from Sarco so the could break it and make a story out of repairing it. He did not like the way they went on about the handloads. The gun did put him in the hospital one time when it fired out of battery.

I only watched it again because he was in this episode.

The drama is why these shows stay on tv. Without it, it would be lame.
Will is a odd duck. Either really really intelligent, or seems to be controlling and arrogant.
That Vince dude is a bit low rent. Needs a little mat time with a pissed off state champ.
The other guys seem decent.

Either really really intelligent, or seems to be controlling and arrogant.
Actually he is both but Vince hit the nail on the head when he referred to Will as a bully who hides behind his business. I continue to watch though for the complete humor with all the obvious scripted nonsense coupled with the natural idiocy of some of the guys in the the shop and the occasional gun they are 'working' on that I am interested in. And an after posting this and reading back a few - did Vince return to RJ then leave again? Apparently I missed something because I picked up on the show again with the episode where Vince was out in the rain during the storm on up through the SOCOM barrel debacle.

I like it when Will got on is bike mad Tears off down the street with no helmet on and Louisiana is a helmet law states like most of them are so most likely he just went down The street and then turned around and came back to the shop. Can you say scripted. Well most of the show is IMO.

Quite frankly I am finding the APL show 'Wild West Alaska' somewhat entertaining. While no doubt loosely scripted it appears ad libbed by the cast for the most part. The people are vastly more interesting and the guns they build/repair are those I can relate to

I'd like to say that any show that promotes firearms is a good thing but Red jacket isn't helping at all. My two major issues being to the uninformed they make it appear any firearm shot at a target ends with a huge explosion and that on a frequent basis someone strolls into a gun shop and ask for them to repair their WWII anti aircraft machine gun. The image they give of firearm owners does more harm than good.

I saw part of a recent show when he was whining about running out of money while standing in front of at least 30 firearms hanging on the wall. I thought it was time sell some of you wall hangers and quit whining.

Bulls*t, the sheriff decided on red jacket based on their round shot through 2 pieces of glass not on accuracy. I bet you Vince's rifle shot better groups. That's a question of bullet choice vs accuracy.

Not to mention vince's rifle was able to change barrels, why didn't he just switch over to the .308?!
Just for TV. Like all reality shows it's rigged.
I had a friend went to vegas and stop by the pawns stars place they asked her of she would be on the show and gave her an item to take in and "sell"

Also the storage wars said they plant items in the storage units for people to "find"

The Red Jacket rifle was just a Remington MSR in .308. Which runs about 12k. I'll wager Vince's hand fit 700 was about 2k, maybe a little more with the can and glass.
Your Mattis quote cracks me up. He is on a banner at CWU in Ellensburg Wa. The banners promote successful alumni. I wonder how many students know this quote. I like it. My brother was at CWU and graduated a couple of years before Mattis. I wonder if he knew him?
Brutus out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads