JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
okay so this is up is up with red jacket they arent outta bussiness and there is no lawsuit"The star of the Discovery reality show "Sons of Guns" has been forced to surrender his Federal Firearm License after government officials discovered a bunch of his weapons had mysteriously gone missing ... TMZ has learned.
The man caught in the crosshairs is a famous gunsmith named William Hayden -- who founded Red Jacket Firearms in Baton Rouge Louisiana ... and hired his daughter Stephanie to help run the business.
Things went swimmingly until 2009 ... when the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms conducted a routine inspection of RJF and discovered 10 guns registered to the company could not be accounted for ... a big, BIG problem.
We're told the feds pinned the blame on William and Stephanie -- and were looking to take serious action that could have resulted in the end of RJF.
But law enforcement sources tell us ... the Hayden's struck a deal with feds in 2010, in which the two agreed to surrender their gun-making licenses ... and in exchange, they could appoint a LICENSED person to take over the company.
It didn't take long for William and Stephanie to pick their successor ... they went with Vincent Buckles (pictured left) -- another gunsmith often featured on the reality show.
William and Stephanie went back to work for the company -- but since they are no longer allowed to own the gun business, they are working as employees.
Reps for the Haydens, RJF and Discovery all had no comment. " quoted from TMZ's website. they lost 10 ffl guns? sounds funny but the price of doing large scale bussiness.
I dont think Hayden rules I think he makes firearms for America. I m a Patriot and enjoy the firearms they make and Im still planning on ordering the integrally suppressed ak they make. thanks for doing the reseach before posting. THis is all public information that is readly avalible online on many websites, people still sound ignorant posting negativity about RDF. I dont think they will be "losing" anymore firearms.

The product they offer is junk. Customer service sucks. They can care less about orders. Its the show that makes their money. And if you want the chance of loosing your money and rifle then take the chance. They have their FanBois just like LaPoo. They lost 10 registered weapons. Not just guns but class 3 weapons. Thats a big no no.

From what I understand it was a error in the paperwork and the weapons are safe in the hands of the mexican cartels(joke). Read about being a FFL!!! and REMEMBER the F'ing ATF was giving Assualt weapons to the Cartels in Mexico and nobody went to Prison over that. I dont think the BATF has a foot to stand on. If someone loses a gun they dont go to jail, the atf lost a couple hundred to mexico.

I'm even more amazed now, knowing that Vince was the FFL holder, that Will, Stephanie, and the retard boyfriend would go to the lengths they did to piss Vince off. I guess they figured he wouldn't ever have the balls to bail. To be honest- if I was a part owner, and the reason they could even sell guns at all, and had to endure regular *** chewings because the village idiot was given a project way over his head because that's what daddy's girl wanted- I doubt I'd have put up with remotely as much as Vince did. I can't help but wonder if they watch the show and realize what a bunch of goddamn a-holes they all look like and what horrible people they are. If "family" is truly the most important thing- you don't treat people the way Will does. Especially if he's the one keeping you in business.

Why are you amazed at a show where they are ALL making tons of money specifically to act like that? There is NOTHING real about those kind of shows. People PAY to see drama so they are given drama.................

It is TV please dont confuse it with reality not matter how much "they" call it reality TV. There is NOTHING real about it.

That show is still an amazing pile of crap. "sons of Guns" is a loser-fest as well. Both of these lousy shows feature hoochie hick women and semi-retarded losers making crap guns out of cheapo catalogue parts and pretending it is somehow related to people with normal functioning brains.

They do more to badly represent gun owners than a show about drive-by shootings.

That show American Guns is really bad he's an a**hole big time. Sons of Guns was interesting for oh I'd say maybe one episode. But some of the builds are total crap. The one that comes to mind is the taser bolted to the weapon total crap.

i wish the new season of gold rush was on ha

Don't even get me started on "Gold Rush"! They will ban me from the site! I could pick 6 members randomly from this site that i would trust to be more productive than that crew!

To the OP, i can't watch anymore. Once Vince was voted off the show, i lost interest.

Lefty.

I just wonder if they get pissed when they watch the show and see what a bunch of jack wagons they look like post-edit, or if they just don't care because they're on tv and getting paid? I like the show, even though they build some ridiculous stuff. Given that all we really know about the operation is the show I can't help but wonder what else went down with Vince. I mean they have a lot of hate for him now and you would think if they watch their own show they would maybe realize how crappy they were treating him- or maybe they don't have remorse because the dad, daughter, and Chris are just a-holes. Or maybe they weren't treating him as badly as the show made it appear. I do know putting the numbnutz thats banging your daughter in charge of building the most important weapon your business has made to try and catch a lucrative contract- when that dude has never built the particular weapon at all in his life while you sideline the only real gunsmith you have is a horrible business decision and it would have pissed me off too. Especially if I had to do the work and dummy got all the credit, and I got regular reamings for everything that was wrong- if it's wrong the reaming should fall to the project leader from boss-man not the worker bee that was there all night to meet a deadline while leader was out playing in Vegas with daddies girl. I'd Love to see the material left on the cutting room floor...

I noticed on tonight's episode with Jesse James that after Jesse was done firing off the BAR at the pickup truck -- Will had it slung over his shoulder with the barrel at 45+-degrees sweeping everyone several times. He talks about safety and liability all the time, but doesn't seem to follow through very well.

Maybe when they make another blooper/behind the scenes show that will take second place to the producer walking in front of the ready to fire cannon.

What is odd is that none of the 'gun people' hanging around seem to be bothered by having a machine gun pointed at them in a careless manner, loaded or not.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top