JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SoG is like a train wreck - if the train were carrying car loads of zombie clowns, snaggle toothed hillbillies, and my relatives from my mother's side of the family. It's horrible to watch, but hard to look away from. It's complete crap in it's most steaming pile form, but at least you get to see bullets (or shotgun pellets) flying at the end. Actually - it's like a lot of Michael Bay films, but with less boobs.

I watched part of their "marathon" the other day - and couldn't help but shake my head at their feeble attempt at the "gatling shotgun" which turned out to be 3 Saiga's bolted together. That's a real useful gun right there - you have to replace 3 magazines and charge 3 difference receivers after 3 seconds of blasting. But it was a game changer alright. (And I wish my boss could afford the vast expanse of property to fill with junk cars that we could drive around and blast, without the neighbors calling the cops, or the fire marshal closing us down. That'd be kind of fun.)

I like how Discovery edited the episode where the ditsy blonde female customer brings her .50 cal "deagle" in and they made the crappy shoulder stock for it. The original episode you could see when Will's daughter "shoots" the Desert Eagle, that the big .50 magically turned into a 9mm Beretta for the shooting, but morphed back into a "deagle" when the shooting was done. They cut out the Beretta footage. Go figure.

I hate to say it, but I'll probably watch episodes now and again, if they don't get shut down. SoG is less annoying to me than the other show about the gun shop/smith in Colorado. Discovery must've been searching for the most asinine gun makers they could find to make a TV show about.

Top Shot is by far the best gun program out there right now.

Can't sleep so I fired up some SOG off the DVR. There's the daughter reaching into a purse to pull out a pink Derringer and without checking to see if it is loaded points it right at the lady presenting it to her.

Then, a few minutes later, she shows it to the stoner kid in the war room and he then pulls it out and points it right at her. Geezus Christ. Apparently a .38 Derringer isn't very dangerous and can't harm you.

How about when he ripped off the preacher?
Yea, ten grand for a custom 1873 style six shooter? AND he said he was giving him a deal as this should have been about 15k! Heck you can get an EXCELLENT custom 1911 for a lot less than that. I guess that is how you pay for a helicopter and the ability to make half mil offers on a gun you know nothing about

She wears stupid clothes
To be fair though she actually has a decent pair of 'stilts' she revealed when she was wearing that camo skort The rest is just average. Lets be honest though we all will continue to watch these shows because the are firearm related but not necessarily because they accurately represent our specific interests.

Looks like they got in a little trouble with BATF and Will lost his license. Almost every episode I did watch (not many) they were breaking or bending the rules based on what was being shown.

<broken link removed>

A quick search of the Louisiana Secretary of State shows four different filings for Red Jacket, three of which are listed with Will Hayden as the head honcho and one (Red Jacket Firearms LLC) as having Vincent Buckles (Vince) as the Registered Agent with Vince, Charlie and Joe as the Officers; no Will Hayden on that one. Seems it may be true, even if it is TMZ.

Greg

All that and the shooting of the napalm onto a river, possibly a wildlife/wetland area? How do they get away with this and the rest of their hijinks - all because they come off as hoo-rah, redneck in the back pocket/bed with local 'officials' ? Excuse my cynicism here but I really do not embrace the Good ol' Boy effect they are using.

If I had a show like them, I would mount a Tasco on the back of a cat if they wanted. Imagine how much Tasco paid and got in sales from that one show. I watched it once but it looked like an a cheap pawn stars or something. All those shows are alike and use the same dialouge scripts. " I really want this ____, but".

This show is Hollywood hype and not much different than Gator fishing, Logging contests, Storage wars, Shrimpin and Crab catching. Oh, don't forget Chopper building deadlines and build off contests. This stuff is big bucks for producers who don't have to pay real actors. My2cents. Ken

This show is Hollywood hype and not much different than Gator fishing, Logging contests, Storage wars, Shrimpin and Crab catching. Oh, don't forget Chopper building deadlines and build off contests. This stuff is big bucks for producers who don't have to pay real actors. My2cents. Ken

Agreed, i noticed years ago that they all have the same theme. They are always behind schedule, waiting on parts or subcontractors, just generally "Teetering on the brink of disaster!" than at the last minute, (wait for it) it all works out. I know why they do it but its still irritating.

I have no interest in the choppers, 12 gauge Gatling guns or the over priced crap from Gun-smoke. However, the engineering and problem solving it takes to move them from conception to completion is what keeps me watching. Maybe one day we'll get more mechanics and less drama.

My $0.02, Lefty.

They ought to dedicate a few episodes to helping the one gunsmith in Colorado lose a few LB's. He appears to be pushing about 300+ and does not have much of a future - gunsmith or TV - if he stays on his current path.

yall sound like haters too me, yep read em all again most of yall are jealous(haters). ANd none of the links posted even worked, get your crap together if your gonna post a link. They do good work for as much as they do.

There is no 'hate' being expressed just open debate of shows that it appears do not represent the ideals and beliefs of the majority of gun owners, especially those on this forum. Would you be similarly distressed if we were to critique the poor grammar, punctuation and spelling skills of some of those who post on this forum?

Would you be similarly distressed if we were to critique the poor grammar, punctuation and spelling skills of some of those who post on this forum?
@ rvtech ---No? no distress, just find it funny people talk schiitt about a show they obviously watch or have watched, these guys cornered the market on saiga convertions and are moving onto bigger and better things. i have made ar15's and convertered saigas its work and not all turn out the way one would expect. These guys (redjacketcrew) get paid to do what most on this site dream of, work on and make firearms. and the fact there is so much negativity about them is a joke. THAT IS BEING A HATER.

I still like the show for some of there builds. I am sure there are folks going bat poop crazy about those custom bike shows as well. In the end who's the joke on? Us normal law abiding citizens with our absurded debt or will strolling to the bank with his bags labeled with "$" while laughing?!?

I still like the show for some of there builds. I am sure there are folks going bat poop crazy about those custom bike shows as well. In the end who's the joke on? Us normal law abiding citizens with our absurded debt or will strolling to the bank with his bags labeled with "$" while laughing?!?

I doubt Will Hayden is laughing a lot right now - what with his law suit and *his* FFL having been revoked. The TV show isn't showing that part of the drama llama (yet, at least.) I'm guessing he's in a holding pattern to see how things play out - since if the court rules in the plaintiff's favor, Mr. Hayden is going to get his pee pee smacked big time, and a good chunk of that money he may or may not be sitting on is going to be taken to pay off the plaintiff, his lawyers (and Mr. Hayden's own lawyers), court fees - not to mention the possibility of future criminal or civil penalties if it is found that he illegally dissolved his original company and defrauded the man who is suing him. That's a lot to weigh on a fellow's mind - or at least it would weigh on mine if I were him.

And on a slightly different tangent - it occurred to me the other day that the gatling shotgun build episode either centered around the illegal purchase of a machine gun, or it was indeed completely scripted. That uber shotgun was obviously built after May of 86 - there's no way in hell he could legally transfer it to the tow business owner. The crazy sheriff with the patrol boat suited for cruising the Mekong or off the coast of Somalia could get it, but not one of us lowly civvies. If he's really trying to portray building and transferring new automatic weapons to civvies, he's filling people's heads with crap at beast, and at worst will land someone else in trouble.

I don't hate Will Hayden, but his show is, like I said before, like watching a train wreck that's not entirely based in reality. For the record, I don't dream of doing what the red jacket crew does. Someone else can build the guns - I just dream of the days of cheap ammo and plentiful guns that weren't overpriced - like things were 5-6 years ago. But hey, if you have an opinion that isn't "Hayden Rules!" I guess you're a hater.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top