JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You use this?

I've had one (similar to this one) in both my vehicles for a year now. With 32g SDHC card. Never have to fiddle with it. Comes on with the key/ignition on; records video/audio in HD out the front and back.

An eight GB card is fine since the unit just loop-records anyway and that is good for 2-4 hours.

Stays on for five minutes after I leave the car, then turns itself off.

Timestamps, etc. Some even log GPC coordinates; mine does not.

Easy as pie to retrieve video - just pop the card into a USB adaptor/reader into your PC. Breaks down video into 10-min t/s segments.

Already saved me a talking on my cell phone ticket. Cop was 'mistaken' about his details in court and the recording shut up his objections in front of the judge pretty fast. Simply took my notebook to court.

Funny, the cop went into a long dissertation about following me through a mall parking lot observing me making several calls. Totally BS. He was coming at me on his bike, swung around and pulled me over. I had picked up my phone to reject a call only, no conversation. I nicely explained that to the cop but he said he was under extreme pressure to write tickets :(.

I even mentioned that I'd have everything on a recording he then stated it would probably be easier for me to go to a 4-hour class on safety then mess with that LOL - geezus.

Got a log of calls off Verizon's website to show at the time of the citation I was not on a call. Alone, that probably would have not got me off because it was mentioned such a log could have been 'tampered with."

Before I pulled out the notebook, I did say 'I really don't know who you are taking about officer. Maybe you are confusing me with someone else you pulled over that day. I was never driving through some mall parking lot (adjacent to the road I was on) and I certainly didn't make a bunch of calls while driving. Do you have a video of this? No? We'll I just happen to have this ...."

Anyway - get one. Could you imagine if those two poor ladies that got shot up by the LAPD had one of these running? Nice YouTube video for all to see.

I've had one (similar to this one) in both my vehicles for a year now. With 32g SDHC card. Never have to fiddle with it. Comes on with the key/ignition on; records video/audio in HD out the front and back.

An eight GB card is fine since the unit just loop-records anyway and that is good for 2-4 hours.

Stays on for five minutes after I leave the car, then turns itself off.

Timestamps, etc. Some even log GPC coordinates; mine does not.

Easy as pie to retrieve video - just pop the card into a USB adaptor/reader into your PC. Breaks down video into 10-min t/s segments.

Already saved me a talking on my cell phone ticket. Cop was 'mistaken' about his details in court and the recording shut up his objections in front of the judge pretty fast. Simply took my notebook to court.

Funny, the cop went into a long dissertation about following me through a mall parking lot observing me making several calls. Totally BS. He was coming at me on his bike, swung around and pulled me over. I had picked up my phone to reject a call only, no conversation. I nicely explained that to the cop but he said he was under extreme pressure to write tickets :(.

I even mentioned that I'd have everything on a recording he then stated it would probably be easier for me to go to a 4-hour class on safety then mess with that LOL - geezus.

Got a log of calls off Verizon's website to show at the time of the citation I was not on a call. Alone, that probably would have not got me off because it was mentioned such a log could have been 'tampered with."

Before I pulled out the notebook, I did say 'I really don't know who you are taking about officer. Maybe you are confusing me with someone else you pulled over that day. I was never driving through some mall parking lot (adjacent to the road I was on) and I certainly didn't make a bunch of calls while driving. Do you have a video of this? No? We'll I just happen to have this ...."

Anyway - get one. Could you imagine if those two poor ladies that got shot up by the LAPD had one of these running? Nice YouTube video for all to see.
Maybe you could post the video. I'd like to see it.

That was month's ago, sorry. These little cheapies all video in 720 or 1080 - like watching HD TV going down the road. Many even have an HDMI plug on them so you can plug it right into your TV and not mess with the USB adaptor etc.

At night of course they are not that great, but better than nothing - you can still make out plates, lights, signs. Of course the audio is recording all the time.

I had rowdy rock and roll playing when I was pulled over; it got a lot of laughs in court.

On the subject of cams, I spend considerable amount of time riding my motorcycle and always have a helmet cam on. Sportbikers are often cited or accused of reckless riding, so I am not taking any chances. It's hard to argue with a video in the court of law. Be warned though, cops don't like to be filmed.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

On the subject of cams, I spend considerable amount of time riding my motorcycle and always have a helmet cam on. Sportbikers are often cited or accused of reckless riding, so I am not taking any chances. It's hard to argue with a video in the court of law. Be warned though, cops don't like to be filmed.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

T. S.

Somebody needs to clean house in the LAPD, and I don't mean with a gun. People need to be fired en mass and a new force rehired. This is just completely out of control.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top