Freedom Arms Model 97 .22LR

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Iceberg, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Iceberg

Iceberg Member

81   0   0
    I looking at a used Freedom Arms 5 1/2" bbl Model 97 in .22 LR. It is in "like new" condition and includes the box & papers. I handled several Freedom Arms Model 97s the other day at a local shop in Vancouver & was really empressed w/ the quality. Of course, as with anything that is very well made, the price of admission was pretty steep.

It is truly a needfull thing...lol. Does anyone have experience with Freedom Arms and their products?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

62   0   0
    My father in law has a FA .44 and .22 that he shoots in competition. He thinks they are the cats meow. His only regret was he waited too long to buy them. They are spendy. Seems like he paid around $1200 (new) each for them.
  3. John Brown

John Brown Member

10   0   0
    My experience has been very good. Both 357 Magnum and 45 have been excellent shooters. The .22's should be just as good. I wouldn't hesitate.
  4. Blov

Blov Member

27   0   0
    +1 they are extremely well made.
  5. John Brown

John Brown Member

10   0   0
    I like the size of the 97's. Not huge, and mot dainty. Just right

[​IMG]
  6. Iceberg

Iceberg Member

81   0   0
    It seems that you can not just have one Freedom Arms pistol! My Model 97 is being shipped to my FFL right now & I'm already thinking about my next needfull thing, a Model 83 in 454 Casull.:thumbup:
  7. Iceberg

Iceberg Member

81   0   0

What calibers are those fine looking pistols? Your model 97 has engraving on the cylinder, what does it say? I really like the looks of the dark grips on your Model 97.
  8. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam Member

5   0   0
    I'm liking mine, a .45 Colt. The cost of admission is steep, as noted. There's a guy on GunBroker that preorders them in vanilla configurations and sells them a bit under MSRP.

One thing I found kind of odd was that a trigger job was "optional" on a gun this expensive. Considering the cost of shipping guns, it's probably a good idea to order it with this option. Mine had a 4.9# trigger before the job, 2.7# after.

Beautifully made, a joy to shoot. If one wanted to pack a single action I can't imagine a better gun than the 4-3/4" version.

-- Sam

[​IMG]