JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Digging up an old thread, but just the other day I noticed the Fred Meyers in Oregon City has guns. How long have they been doing that there? Prices where sky high though. No one behind the counter.

Most full service Fred Meyer stores in Oregon are adding firearms to their Sporting Goods counters. The few I know of that don't are Tualatin, Wilsonville, Hillsboro (on TV Highway), and all of the stores in Portland proper. The city of Portland doesn't allow it (from what I remember when I worked at the Fred Meyer Main Office) and Gresham doesn't either. I think the latter is due to the clientele of the city itself but I could be wrong. It was nice while being a Freddie's employee getting %15 off guns and ammo... made it almost affordable to do so. Now that I am no longer with the company, when I do browse the selection, I reel at the pricing. I do however like that Kroger / Fred Meyer respects gun rights and allows open carry in their stores where compliant with local regulation. I rarely go there any more and tend to buy local whenever possible, but it's nice that some large corporations haven't caved to the liberal agenda as so many have.

Related to this thread as well, the Newberg Freddie's was relieved of 22 pistols one night back in June 2014. Several were recovered, the gun counter was closed for a couple weeks, and the perp was arrested at a later date. I haven't been in there recently, but I know they were emptying the display cases and closing the gun counter at 9pm for a while. Better safe than sorry!

I'll make this statement as generic as possible to avoid deletion. Freddies is giving out the Freinds/Family coupons again which can pull down additional 15% discounts next week 8th through the 15th I think. They are good on all kinds of stuff, but work on all firearms if interested and they work on top of the ad prices and such. Just a heads up. Looks like you can pull them off of facebook or grab them from your location.

I'll make this statement as generic as possible to avoid deletion. Freddies is giving out the Freinds/Family coupons again which can pull down additional 15% discounts next week 8th through the 15th I think. They are good on all kinds of stuff, but work on all firearms if interested and they work on top of the ad prices and such. Just a heads up. Looks like you can pull them off of facebook or grab them from your location.
If SHTF I am heading to Fred Meyer. They have food, water cloths, garden plants, first aid, pharmacy guns and ammo! Lol

Wife purchased a sig 238 at the snohomish store 2 weeks ago. Former military guy behind the counter was a pleasure to deal with. Gun was $100 higher than elsewhere but got double fuel points which got me 70 gallons for .90 cents off and didn't have to go far. I wanted to get a gun here and support Kroger for there stance on 2A. Glad we did.

Freddy's in Newberg is in the middle of a remodel. Gun counter darned near doubled in size,
quite a few more handguns. They are keeping someone behind the counter a lot more of
the time. Guessing sales are OK if they are expanding the department.:)

Freddy's in Newberg is in the middle of a remodel. Gun counter darned near doubled in size,
quite a few more handguns. They are keeping someone behind the counter a lot more of
the time. Guessing sales are OK if they are expanding the department.:)
I went by there at 7:30 am to buy a gun and they actually had someone available. They have the counter
alarmed now after the theft last year. I found out because the guy that opened the case forgot to shut it
off first. It's loud, lol.

So does Fred Meyers sell firearms and accessories now?

ITvrA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

Wife purchased a sig 238 at the snohomish store 2 weeks ago. Former military guy behind the counter was a pleasure to deal with. Gun was $100 higher than elsewhere but got double fuel points which got me 70 gallons for .90 cents off and didn't have to go far. I wanted to get a gun here and support Kroger for there stance on 2A. Glad we did.

I found it to be slightly higher than other places. I was looking for a Ruger SR 1911. NW Armory and BiMart
wanted $680-$690. Freddy's was $699.00 With the senior 10% discount day rate it was $629.99 plus I also got the fuel points for discount towards gas.

My bad above......looks like the coupons only go through Friday. Not the 15th.

Picked up some Mountain House Tubs with the discount coupons and picked them up for just a little over $50 a tub.

Cheapest I've ever found them online has been around $65.....good buy!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top