JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Fred Meyer in Issaquah started carrying guns on Friday. Pretty good selection compared to some small gun shops. Prices are ok. They had the Ruger SR22 for $299. I remember paying $330 for it at West Coast Armory and to get that price I had to pay cash. At Freddys, you might get the rewards and get to use your credit card with percentage back. The associate said he can special order any brand except Benelli, Kimber and one other brand I didn't catch. The counter looks just like in the picture someone else posted from another Fred Meyer.

With the recent addition of pistols AND spirits in Washington, does Fred Meyer now have the broadest ATF regulated assortment in America? God love 'em.

Wash Freddys sell lick'er?

Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms... The sort of "one-stop shopping" I can appreciate

Wash Freddys sell lick'er?

Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms... The sort of "one-stop shopping" I can appreciate

Was discussing this the other day with a friend. I can pick a a fifth of Jack, a Glock and the latest copy of Easy Rider magazine. Is there another business in the PNW where this is possible?

I'm a shopper for life!!!!

Don't forget that you can also get your groceries and some of them even have gas stations too!

Was discussing this the other day with a friend. I can pick a a fifth of Jack, a Glock and the latest copy of Easy Rider magazine. Is there another business in the PNW where this is possible?

I'm a shopper for life!!!!

I moved up here from Texas in 1997 and was shocked, shocked I tell you, that I couldn't buy a shotgun at Safeway. Nice to see the Northwest is finally catching up with our rednecked (I'm from Arkansas, so this is a compliment, not a put down) neighbors to the south.

The Fred Meyer in Issaquah started carrying guns on Friday. Pretty good selection compared to some small gun shops. Prices are ok. They had the Ruger SR22 for $299. I remember paying $330 for it at West Coast Armory and to get that price I had to pay cash. At Freddys, you might get the rewards and get to use your credit card with percentage back. The associate said he can special order any brand except Benelli, Kimber and one other brand I didn't catch. The counter looks just like in the picture someone else posted from another Fred Meyer.

Nice, good to know.

The wifey loves to go to TARGET, but honestly, the Fred Meyer is closer to our house and sells nearly all the same things. The slight amount of money we'd save driving to TARGET is offset by the money paid for gas & time (which is valuable when you have young children like me).

And yes, I'm well aware of the irony that TARGET doesn't sell firearms / ammo! Funny how the world works sometimes.

Walmart has been selling ammo and guns way before freddies.

Anyways Freddies makes Walmart look like Neimen Marcus.

Does Oregon have the worst Freddies imaginable? Fred Meyer near me has solid fresh produce, good selection on groceries, housewares, clothing, gas, without the ability to (generally) find additions to Funny Pictures at WalMart I'd spend the night in my Fred Meyer before I had to spend an hour at the nearest WalMart.

No guns at my local one yet, but the slowly seem to be edging closer to Seattle from the outside.

Yeah man, Kroger owns the Fred Meyer franchise like Safeway owns Tom Thumb. They won't be selling guns for long...

No....they have a long term strategy to continue to roll them out to new locations. Continue to support them and they will continue to grow the business.

Common misconception is that firearms are new to Fred Meyer. They have carried them in some capacity since the 50's-60's or better (might have been earlier???). In the 90's most of the remaining lower state Fred Meyers ended up moving their remaining inventory into Alaska locations where they continued on until they reintroduced them back into lower stores starting in 2008 or so with the Warrenton store.

As long as it's profitable I don't see them doing an 180. It is a substantial cost to roll out new stores......I'd say that investment speaks volumes.

Yeah man, Kroger owns the Fred Meyer franchise like Safeway owns Tom Thumb. They won't be selling guns for long...

I know that Kroger owns Freddys- they've owned them for a decade or more. My "wut" was due to you not making any sense.

Fred Meyer's gun sales have expanded under Kroger- significantly... therefor Kroger is OK with selling guns. So why do you think Kroger will nix the guns?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top