JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just called Fred Meyer Corporate and thanked them. This was the first they at the call center had heard of it but they were able to confirm this was going to happen. I thanked them and told them that that it is great to see companies progressing and that I would continue to support there company. The person at the call center was a 2nd amendment supporter herself. E-mail and/or call and continue to shop there to support them.
:s0155: I contacted them as well via their customer service center: LINK

I just called Fred Meyer Corporate and thanked them. This was the first they at the call center had heard of it but they were able to confirm this was going to happen. I thanked them and told them that that it is great to see companies progressing and that I would continue to support there company. The person at the call center was a 2nd amendment supporter herself. E-mail and/or call and continue to shop there to support them.

Here is the contact info for Freddy's:

Phone: 1-888-247-4439
Website & Email

Here is an email I just received back from Freddys.

I am happy to hear you are excited about our hunting department. We are all excited about it here as well!

The stores we are setting up this year in Oregon are:

Warrenton (set 2 weeks ago)

Brookings (set yesterday)

Newberg (sets this Friday)

Scappoose (sets this Friday)

Bend (ETA after Christmas)

I agree with you; I would love to set more stores, but we'll have to see how these do first. If only we had been able to get the roll out completed before hunting season.... In a perfect world..

Thank you for your feedback.

Cheryl

Cheryl Kindwall

Buyer- Fred Meyer Sporting Goods

Camping, Fishing, and Hunting

503-797-5795

Glad to see so many here are contacting them,let's keep it going !

While I am glad that Fred Meyer will begin (again) to sell ammo/guns and I plan to support them (looking at the list of locations that will only be when I am on the road), I was SHOCKED to see some of the people on this thread who say they will support Freddies.

On other threads, these folks have represented themselves to be very conservative and intolerant of those that don't stay 100% true to the cause. So....I hate to be the one to mention this, but....Fred Meyer employees are.......GASP!!!!.....UNION! I don't know how this fits in with right wing dogma and I am not sure which takes precedence: the hate of unions or the love of guns. But, I do know that many of you are probably conflicted. Who wants to buy ammo at a store where employees are fairly paid and are able to bargain for better working conditions?

My suggestion: Buy your ammo at Wal-Mart where employees are underpaid and exploited. That way you know that you are supporting a true union busting red-state conservative corporation instead of a liberal (aka unionized) store when you buy your ammo. :s0155:

As one of a handful of this forum's resident gun-totin' lefties and an organized labor advocate, I am going to give three cheers to Fred Meyer and continue spending money in their stores. It is nice to support a store who supports my causes.

While I am glad that Fred Meyer will begin (again) to sell ammo/guns and I plan to support them (looking at the list of locations that will only be when I am on the road), I was SHOCKED to see some of the people on this thread who say they will support Freddies.

On other threads, these folks have represented themselves to be very conservative and intolerant of those that don't stay 100% true to the cause. So....I hate to be the one to mention this, but....Fred Meyer employees are.......GASP!!!!.....UNION! I don't know how this fits in with right wing dogma and I am not sure which takes precedence: the hate of unions or the love of guns. But, I do know that many of you are probably conflicted. Who wants to buy ammo at a store where employees are fairly paid and are able to bargain for better working conditions?

My suggestion: Buy your ammo at Wal-Mart where employees are underpaid and exploited. That way you know that you are supporting a true union busting red-state conservative corporation instead of a liberal (aka unionized) store when you buy your ammo. :s0155:

As one of a handful of this forum's resident gun-totin' lefties and an organized labor advocate, I am going to give three cheers to Fred Meyer and continue spending money in their stores. It is nice to support a store who supports my causes.

Wow. Now there's a wild and off topic rant.

Sir, if I refused to patronize any place that was union, I couldn't even go to the hospital if I was critically ill. The nurses are unionized.

Most grocery stores are unionized as are the drivers who deliver to them. I could get might sick and hungry if I boycotted them.

Was that called for. Seems like you just had to get your union say in. I dont care if your union or not. Been on bolth sides. We all have bills to pay and do what we need to, to get buy.
This is a toppic about how a store is stepping up to meet the needs of the public. I dont think we need to discuss if the store is union or not.
Just trying to stir the pot or get your plug in.

I remember when they used to sell guns too. It's just good business sense would have been better to stay in business though, they missed the boat on the big rush.
It's nice that those communities listed will have another outlet for their needs though. I know that Joe's in Newberg closed so that'll be good for them. In Salem, I remember seeing a Steyr 9mm back in the day and Berettas in the glass cases. Very cool for Freddy's!

I remember when they used to have guns in some of the stores. I was pretty young though.. couldn't have been more than 5 or 6.

Hope they bring this to the portland, hillsboro area.

i don't know about anyone else, but as long as we have more,and more stores selling--ammo and guns--the price of all - is going to come down to what the average man can cope with--so when your son ,or grandson says --hey!! can we go shooten today? our answers will be different , then they were a year or so ago.
steven

I visited the Newberg Fred Meyer yesterday (Friday) afternoon as they were setting out some rifles/pistols. I saw Glocks, LCP's, a Walther, Springfield XD's, Taurus, and Smith & Wesson revolvers. Prices were 'up there', and was told that they were using 'Alaska" prices at this time, but would probably adjust that soon. The guy behind the counter said they were very excited to be in the gun business again, and promised me that they would do their best to set their prices competitively.

I didn't look over the rifle/shotguns much, but it looked like a pretty good overalll selection. I probably saw 60 guns or so between handgun/rifles, which is more than I expected. It will take them a little while to get their stuff sorted out, but I for one am quite happy they are giving it a try again.

P.S. he said they will not be selling primers/powder at this time. Maybe if we all ask them whenever we visit, they will see the demand and start carrying these products. :s0155:

That is what I remember too. Now they are following the money. They won't be seeing any of mine.

Same here. Fred Meyer is part of an international conglomerate. Bi-Mart is an employee owned Pacific Northwest company with 72 stores. They have been good to us by carrying guns and ammo when it wasn't PC, and by not price gouging.

Here's the mess that Fred Meyer is just a part of:

fmcopy.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top