Fred Meyer Gun Department

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by riverrat373, Sep 1, 2010.

1. riverrat373

riverrat373 Member

0   0   0
    I just sent an email to Fred Meyer commending them on their decision to sell firearms in some of their stores. I also suggested that they expand their gun sales to all their stores.

Go to Fred Meyer - Home and send them a message thanking them and add your name to the list suggesting they expand their gun sales to all stores. I can remember when Sears, Monkey Wards, Penny's and virtually every hardware store sold firearms! Maybe we can reverse the trend with a little effort on our part!:)
  2. i8asquirrel

i8asquirrel Member

4   0   0
    done....
  3. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Well-Known Member

27   0   0
    will do.
    last year when the 1s stores started stocking them, I called the person in charge,a very nice sounding lady and thanked her and Freddy's for doing this.She said if things go well...meaning they sell guns.... more stores would e added. Looks like they are.
    neat !
  4. Decker

Decker Active Member

0   0   0
    Done...
  5. wingspar

wingspar Member

0   0   0
    The Freddies closest to me started selling guns last November or December. They have Senior day every first Tuesday of the month. I forget how much of a discount it is, but it’s a healthy discount. However, they could not order the Mini-14 Tactical model. They have Mini-14's in stock, but since the word “Tactical” is in the name, and it has a flash suppresser on it, they could not order it. Stupid. Shoots no different than the SS Mini-14 in a black synthetic stock they have in stock. Oh well. That’s one sale they lost.

They do have a nice selection of hand guns, and an old friend works behind the counter.
  6. oasis618

oasis618 Active Member

3   0   0
    Which stores in Washington sell firearms? I don't really see any way to search for that on their website.
  7. Trick

Trick Active Member

0   0   0
    Done
  8. Dnaltrop

Dnaltrop Member

0   0   0
    Done the day they announced the return.

Have they included reloading supplies in the Shooting section now that you've been in there?
  9. longcolt

longcolt Active Member

2   0   0
    Gee, I have not checked out the sporting goods section of a Fred Myer store for many years. Do any of the Portland OR stores sell firearms??

Like Dicks Sporting goods and others it will be rifles only, I am sure.
  10. spengo

spengo Active Member

10   0   0
    That sounds super lame. So they sell guns but they are the "an honest man will never need more than 10 rounds" type, eh?
  11. riverrat373

riverrat373 Member

0   0   0
    I have not seen any in SW Washington yet.:(
  12. riverrat373

riverrat373 Member

0   0   0
    I did not see any reloading supplies at the Newberg FM, but then I didn't really look for any.:eek:
  13. DinhRose

DinhRose Active Member

37   0   0
    I was visiting some buddies in Medford and i guess the freddy there has been selling guns for a while. Handguns and rifles. I was surprised when i stopped at the walmart in either scapoose or st helens and they sold hand guns too.
  14. riverrat373

riverrat373 Member

0   0   0
    As far as I know the only stores selling firearms are: Newberg, Scappoose, Warrenton and the North Medford store. All these are in Oregon. The Newberg store is the only one that I have been to and they had rifles, shotguns and handguns! I have not found any in SW Washington yet. That's why it's important to write or email FM and let them know we would like ALL their stores to carry firearms!:thumbup:
  15. riverrat373

riverrat373 Member

0   0   0
    I think that we should keep a positive outlook on the fact that they are selling ANY guns! It's a start. With enough support and input from consumers maybe they will change their attitude about "tactical" rifles.:)
  16. Rik

Rik Member

2   0   0
    Done!
  17. wingspar

wingspar Member

0   0   0
    The store here inherited all the stock from another Freddies store, I forget where, cause they had to close down their gun department because it was within 1,000 feet of a school. The guy in charge of the gun department here told me that when they were just starting to set up the gun department, and had no guns on display yet. He had a huge inventory because of that, so due to some laws, city ordinances and so on, some Freddies many not be able to legally sell guns.
  18. raftman

raftman Active Member

68   0   0
    The Tillamook Fred Meyer had ammo (rifle, shotgun, and handgun cartridges) last time I was there, but didn't see any firearms. I didn't look all that hard, though.
  19. Trick

Trick Active Member

0   0   0
    I believe it was the Redmond store that had the school issues. Their application for a FFL was denied.

Tillamook will be selling firearms by the end of the month I think.
  20. Trick

Trick Active Member

0   0   0
    Brookings and Bend are two other locations that also have them in addition to what you listed.