JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the info guys, I have found several locations to buy food and water containers. I like the idea of having at least 100 gals of drinkable water on hand... I know that it won't last too long but hopefully it will last long enough to get other means.... also working with a budget right now. Thanks again for the help.

I'm not getting the whole food storage and water storage thing unless you guys are really afraid about NBC attacks or something?? :s0131: We don't live in the desert. Water is everywhere. Is this some religious thing or what? Heck, get a few cases of MRE's and when those are out switch to raccoons, deer, dogs, and squirrels, or park geese. Storing large amounts of food and water is a waste of time and money.

At some point if food is not available.....I think everyone who has the means will be switching out to raccoons, deer, dogs, squirrels, and park geese. It wont take long before the stupid animals are dead and anything left smartens up.

I found 6 gallon food grade buckets from a Brewery Store, just check your local home brew suppliers. I also have 6- 55 gallon drums that i got from a Pepsi bottler, it had root beer syrup in it, I just washed them out a couple of times. Added a cup of bleach and water and rolled it around to clean out. Then I filled with tap water from filtered supply. Used aluminum tree tags to scribe the date when filled, and instructions for removing and testing if need be.

I've used these folks for water containers - can't remember what shipping costs were, but it didn't seem too bad at the time. I've had their 5-gallon containers for maybe 10 years & they've held up fine.

http://www.eps-direct.com/water_barrels_containers.html

I like the 5-gallon containers because they are easier to move around & refill. I also bought a spigot for them - knock a hole in one of the caps, screw-in the spigot, turn it on its side, and there you go.

I picked up 55 gallon food grade plastic drums from a company that made soy sauce and such up on Airport Way in Portland...for $10 each...sorry, I can't remember the name but I'm sure you could find them. I got 3 white ones, mostly they had blue. Mine had vinegar in them so they were easy to wash out. I'm making rain barrels out of them but they'll be one of my emergency backup water supplies too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top