JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:( Anyone here ever try these?

I ordered some a few years ago, and had kept forgetting I had them until it was fire season. New Year's Eve I finally took a few out and shot them, and I must say that they were a massive disappointment.

I made a little snowman about 1' tall, stood about 40 feet away thinking the first shot would turn my little snowman into a wet, sopping mess, and fired. All that happened was a small stream of sparks that would probably have trouble setting dry grass on fire.

So I loaded up another round and moved in closer, about twenty feet away. This time, the snowman was knocked over after I fired, but I'm pretty sure it's because of the wadding, and not the "flames".

With the marketing that some of the places that sells these shells have, you'd think they were like napalm or something, but the range, duration, and intensity of the sparks is so weak that you could get away with shooting these pretty much anywhere, anytime, and probably not have to worry about setting stuff on fire.

I know I won't be buying anymore of this overpriced crap.

Last Edited:
Are these the same as the "firestorm" rounds. I picked up some of the firestorm rounds from the old lady at the gun show and they were alright. They shot about 100' out, but dont think they would incinerate anything lol. Mostly just a shower of sparks.

Are these the same as the "firestorm" rounds. I picked up some of the firestorm rounds from the old lady at the gun show and they were alright. They shot about 100' out, but dont think they would incinerate anything lol. Mostly just a shower of sparks.

I bought mine from cheaperthandirt IIRC, and they didn't shoot anywhere near 100', so maybe the ones firestorm sells are better.

I think the company that made mine is ALS or something. I have some 12ga "bore thunder" stun/blank shell thingies from them as well, and those are pretty lame too. Loud, but lame.

I purchased multiple rounds from the old lady at a recent gun show in Eug, dragons breath, AP and supposed API....all 3 were a disappointment!! Dragon's breath was sparks that shot 50' and the "AP" rounds did nothing more than a slug...I think most came from ALS, the only one that performed as advertised was the bean bag rounds...just my 2 cents.

shoot one straight up in the air at night it's pretty cool, even better light one off at a jackrabbit running out in the desert along side the truck without anybody warned. A Holy S*+^ is what you will get and the bunny is ready for the BBQ.

did they look anything like this?

the reason why we were running at the end is because anything those sparks touched went into flames instantly, so careful where you fire these things off we had to put out about 5 small fires.
that is the firestorm btw

Dragons breath when we all heard about it (somewhere around age 14) was supposed to turn a shotgun instantly into something between an alligator flame throwing tank, and a nuclear bomb. The reality is always more disappointing than the marketing.

On the other hand, some years ago, (I believe when I was about 16) I got my hands on some of these rounds, and took them out to the desert where we were out blowing things apart with our 12ga's and SKS'... Well one of the things out there where we were was an abandoned military bunker complex. Since I didn't want to wait for it to get dark, instead we went inside the bunker to fire some of those dragon's breath off.. There was a large door that we stood by, and fired inside. The flash and sound were impressive in the confines of the bunker. However, it didn't really live up to the hype of "turning it into a flamethrower".

On the other hand, I don't think I would actually want to be anywhere inside that bunker complex with someone firing one of those off. It may suck as a flamethrower, but is an overachiever in terms of being a flash bang grenade.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top