JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, apparently I'm an idiot. News to me, but hey, no worries. Arguing with you is like arguing with a wall. By the way, you can just call me Bear, as apparently mountain is too hard. Damn multiple syllables...

Because this is america. I can care or not care about anything I want. That's the beauty of free speech. You don't like it? Don't read it. Simple as that.

And it is garbed. Not garbled. Anybody that has spent any time in the military would know that. It's apparent you haven't. But hey, whatever beats your banana......

So, now I'm curious to know the etymology of "garbed" as military slang. Can you illuminate? Garbed usually means, wearing clothing. Garbed in priestly robes, for example. Garbled has generally meant a distorted or misleading communication.

I'm ambivalent about BOS. If I sell a gun, I usually have a pretty good record of the transaction - my "for sale" post here, my PMs, usually the buyer's phone number, etc. In other words, if someone bought a gun and committed a crime with it, it wouldn't be hard to prove that I sold it and it's no longer my gun. If I was selling one to a friend or there wasn't any other documentation, then maybe I'd want a BOS.

I don't mind signing a BOS, but as others have said, you do have to protect yourself against identify theft. 99% of guys I've done business with here on NWFA are very stand-up guys but still, the less photocopies of my DL floating around the better. No problem showing it...I expect to, actually.

BTW, I assume a sale is safe and legal (as a selleR) if the following conditions are met:

(1) I verify the sale is not going across state lines (DL/CHL)

(2) The buyer is not obviously prohibited from owning a firearm - though probably the only thing I'd be able to tell at sight is if they're a minor, which the DL/CHL would cover (at least in Oregon, age to buy a private handgun is 18).

(3) The buyer doesn't say anything that would indicate they're prohibited from owning a firearm - e.g., the buyer doesn't say he just got out of prison or something.

Beyond that, while I would never knowingly break the law, I don't really have any resources to conduct any further background checks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top