JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
40 super nope don't shoot it. 45 Super yes and I reload for it.

Here's what my web search shows for 40 Super load data:

<broken link removed>

I think I'd opt for a 10mm myself which is what 40 was based off of. That being said many people would choose 460 rowland over 45 Super so I do get it. I do load 460 rowland for my carbine but not for pistol. The biggest reason I chose 45 Super over 460 Rowland is because it's cheaper and does not require a compensated barrel which makes a fullsize 1911 to big in my opinion and I honestly wouldn't want to shoot 460 Rowland out of anything smaller. Further more with a good 45 super setup you can acheive the same power loading. It does require a fully supported barrel though and is very hard on your gun and you even fired from a fullsize 1911 without a compensated barrel.

A buddy of mine was interested in the .40 Super for a while, bought a conversion barrel for his Glock, and I think he still has some boxes of ammo that Triton sent him for free, to test! He had a lot of function issues, but it hasn't been a topic of conversation for a while, so I'll ask him about it. He's a handloader, so I'll see if he has any data from back in that day.

I have a .400 Corbon barrel for my 1911. It is nice!!! Same balistics as a 10mm, lower pressure round. BIG muzzle flash. Swap barrels out, same magazine. Nice setup. Anyway, that may be someting to look at, instead of .40 super.

thank's to everyone so far, i have a glock 30 , with a kkm barrel 40 super. it's really a nice round with LOTS and LOTS of stopping power. i'm ready to hand load but no data. RickB thank's man , let me know.

Wow, I really didn't get on the ball on this, did I? My buddy said he never got to the point of reloading, as he couldn't get his gun to run. Irv Stone fitted a coversion barrel to my friend's Para P-14, and he had "a lot" of Triton factory ammo and brass, but just couldn't get the gun to work. He's asking if you've had any luck?

I have a Barsto barrel for my usp ct 45, I shoot all the time, it's a fun round! It's more of a push then a snap like the 45acp vs 40sw.

I got a barrel, 500 brass, 200 bulets, dies, and 100 loaded ammo for $125 on gunbroker about 2 years ago!

You cam push a 10mm bullet to 1800fps!!!! That's almost rifle speeds!!! I've read it has a 6-8" pen into gel, and a 2' diameter cavity!!!!! Talk about the best manstopper ever!!!

I have a .400 Corbon barrel for my 1911. It is nice!!! Same balistics as a 10mm, lower pressure round. BIG muzzle flash. Swap barrels out, same magazine. Nice setup. Anyway, that may be someting to look at, instead of .40 super.

That 400 Corbon is the shizznits. I've wanted to get that for a long time since I can't bring myself to drop a grand for a 1911 in 10mm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top