JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AK:
3 0f 8 30 rd mags loaded w/ HP........
1 Drum filled (spring released) FMJ/Steel core
An additional 2000 rds ready to go... Chinese steel core, Wolf HP. Wolf FMJ
another 1k on the way this week :O)

BDE .40:
As I only have 2 mags and the only hold 10 a piece... both loaded

500 rds factory reloads
20 rds Hydra shock
50 Rds CCI Brass
50 Rds Remington jacketed disintegrators

Then a random box of 45, couple boxes of shells box of 00...

lol

I sure wouldn't care to be a Zombie Jehovah's Witness knocking on YOUR front door.

tac

Some people, including active duty, are switching the standard AR 30rd steel mag springs for Wolf or CMMG heavy duty springs. Also making sure the follower is at least the green or newer. Mags loaded to 25-28 for less jams. Some are switching to Magpul.

I also spray my AR mags with black plasti-coat. Gives them a tacky grip. 14 loaded with .223 PRVI Match 69gr BTHP at all times.

Last Edited:
Yeah Bigd6943, it's a shame that a guy who has come back from war must still keep his rifle/handgun at the ready, but that's just the way it is anymore. Find yourself a good dog, you will get a much better nights sleep. And I don't think it's going to hurt those mags or clips to stay in the ready to go mode.

+1

when I get home from shooting I reload all the empty mags.
I always keep one mag loaded with JHPs on me at all times when I'm shooting (just in case. I shoot out in the mountains/woods on a regular basis) but afterwards make sure I load everything completely when I get back, after cleaning them (once again I keep a loaded mag on me, for whatever gun is not being cleaned at that time)

What I keep loaded at all times:
870 = 6+1 3" 00 Buckshot
G19 = 15+1 Remington 115gr JHP + another 15 in spare mag
.22 Rifle (just so everything's uniform and I know whatever I pick up is ready to go) = 18+1 .22LR

+ hundreds of rds of 9mm, 12ga, and .22 waiting.

I sleep with the Glock under my pillow and the 870 within reach. If something goes bump in the night, I grab the Glock to check it out. If it is something, the wife knows to grab me the shotty and to take over the Glock and calling 911.

I keep almost all of my 200+ M1 Garand CLIPS loaded.

I keep several MAGS loaded for AR15, M1 Carbine, PTR91 and pistols for ready defense, but the bulk of them are not. So maybe 10 out of 40 pistol mags, and 20 out of 250 rifle mags are kept loaded at any one time.

Springs are not weakened from compression, but by cycles of loading/unloading them.

I only cycle my carry ammo if I have enough to refill the mags. I used to put a mag down range several times a year but can't afford to do that these days! Speer Gold dots are spendy!
I don't bother unloading my carry mags. I have plenty of others for target practice.
Like phathom above I keep my G19 with carry mag and chambered on me even after I'm done shooting it.
Recently I've been using 20 round AR mags with my SPR so all the 30 round pmags are always full.
I don't reload my mags out at my shooting spot mainly because I want to take the time I have to shoot. If I had enough ammo with me to refill the mags, I'd shoot it!

If I was just shooting 1 gun I'd probably reload it before coming home.
When I go shooting I take 5-10 guns most of the time so that could be over 40 mags to fill.

I have most mags for each primary firearm set aside for specific use:

- several are always loaded and in a firearm, pouch, or firearm case or satchel for immediate defense (10 of my AR mags for example)

- Several are loaded and in ammo cans for back up ready defense (EX: another 12 AR mags)

- A few are set aside for range use: they get the bumps and grit month after month (EX: 4 AR mags)

- Most are kept in bins/cans/boxes for long term storage to replace worn out or lost mags as needed, or will be given away to relatives or handed down to the next generation (EX: 100+ AR mags). It really comforting to know I can easily resupply a relative who is unexpectedly low on mags while visiting or after purchasing a new firearm

I used to keep most mags full, but then when I went to reorganize my ammo for different purposes I had to unload and load a boat load of 15-30 round mags! Not fun. So if I ever need 100 loaded AR mags at one time, my 20+ loaded ones will have to buy me enough time to stuff the others. :D

poster33090609rc9.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top