JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Try Gunbroker.com, that should giveyou a starting point. There is a CZ forum that might be more help. If you are on limited funds there are CZ clones, Tanfoglio is one and a good pistol that can be purchased used at a good price. Spad

I own a 3rd gen g19, sig 229, and a cz75d compact and love them all. The g19 is extremely accurate SAO of course but I am not fond of no safety for carry (I know, I know, finger off the trigger). I have had the 229 only a few months and it is smooth and flawless. The da/sa is very smooth and the da acts as my safety in that it requires a little more effort during a stressful situation. The cz is what I carry at this time. It has the da/sa features like the sig and I shoot consistent and my best with it. The weight has a little to do with my carrying choice. The CZ weighs 26oz, the sig weighs 34oz.
I don't think any of us can decide on your gun but just give our opinions and there's mine. I believe they are all good choices and I think you did a great job with your research.

Brickman, I have to go along with you on that. The CZ-PO1 weighs in at 27.4 oz and my Sig 225/P6 weighs in at 26.1, both empty. It is a personal thing, but the lighter pistols appeal to me for carry. I can shove my Sig225 in my pocket, same with the CZ, size matters too. My FNP9 is a good shooter and light but just a little bigger for pocket carry. One other thing is night sights, Tritium Dot night sights are really good. I think a CZ PO-12 or used Sig225/P6 is the way to go. If it feels good in your hand the first time you pick it up. Also try cocking the hammer while gripping the pistol. Take a look at the FNP9, a fine pistol.Bye the way the above mentionedwhen you decock them have a heavier first round trigger pull in D/A than transit to S/A. Hope this gets you in the drivers seat. Spad

G19 for sure. Easy to find magazines, you can also use G17 magazine, and the 33 rounders as well. You could pick up a used for $400 if you look around NWFA. I have owned a G19, G17, and G26. Best all around is definitely the G19.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top