JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have built two Ar 15's so far, and sold one. I wanted to build a pistol ar so I did some googleing and came across Tactical Machining out of Florida. Read some reviews and seemed positive and decided to give them a try. Same price for any caliber and Multi-cal pistol stamped, which I wanted, after shipping to a FFL it was $82 for the stripped lower. All the reviews I read from AR15.com and others all stated the mil-spec fitting was VERY nice. The company seems to stand behind their product and all round solid platform for a build. I figured for the price, I couldn't go too terribly wrong for my first pistol ar build. Has anyone had experience with this company? It's too late for me now but I'm excited to see and try it out with a pistol upper. Also, being a first time, any recommendations on brands for a complete upper pistol or would I be better off buy and building it from select parts of different manufactors. Can't wait to start shopping and building. Thanks for any info guys, this site rocks because of the people on it.

Last Edited:
I understand this is a pistol lower and I plan on building it as a lower but figured most people with information on this item would be looking in the rifle area being AR associated. So no one has tried one before? Well, I will let you all know when it arrives. The price was very good and no extra charge for it being a pistol stamped.

well, no advise on the lower receiver yet so what does one do, follow that up with trying a new company for the LPK. I think a few of you have used PSA LPK's before but they are one of the many companies out there making AR parts that are not house hold names in gun talk. I ordered there Gen II LPK with the MOE hand grip and poly trigger guard. Seemed like another praised small cult following company that Im willing to try their product out on this build, and also the price was realatively cheap. I am thinking of staying on this trend and plan on doing alot of research and continue piecing the build together with quality parts from smaller known companies. Hopefully it will burn the image out of my head that you have to buy nike's just to run or noveske just to shoot and have reliability. Its kinda fun too also to get new parts that you have not seen at shows or on builds before. I will continue to report or blog as the build continues and add some pics and hopefully find some more companies around the U.S. that make quality parts at a affordable price. I used to live 5 miles from DPMS and at that time, never heard of Noveske. Now that Im in oregon, I see alot of local companies that people like and use.

Any mil-spec, stripped lower well do as long as it transfers to you as "other". You can then build a pistol or a rifle with that lower. PSA sells GTG stuff. If I was to build a AR pistol today i would start with a AXTS lower. My personal preference for LPK's is ArmaLite with their two stage trigger.

A-DAC-F Lower Receiver | AXTS Weapons Systems

I'm doing a build with one right now and I'm impressed with the surface finish. The 45* ambi safety selector is very slick. I have several BAD ***'s and want to convert all of them to the 45* setup. The mag release activating the bolt stop is a big plus if you run action drills. I think the AXTS is the most innovative lower on the market today. It may cost a bit more than a generic Aero Precision lower, but you get a lot more.

I've used palmettostate lpk's and they work fine for me. When I did my pistol build I ordered a full 7.5in kit from model1sales. It cycles brass just fine but wont cycle steel with out a brake.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top