JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in the midst of a war! It's me versus the ground squirrels (and gophers), and lately the squirrels are winning! The little humane trap I have here isn't cutting it (they escape from it--piece of junk Harbor Freight), so 5 days ago I bought the Henry .22 rifle. The problem is, when I step out onto the deck to nail the little rodents, they take off into the tall savanna grass, and poof, they are gone. So, I'd like to try a scope. I thought a 4X32 might be a good way to go. I do not want to spend a fortune. Thus, I have my eye on a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 4x32 Rimfire #6305 (and btw, for the life of me I cannot tell what the difference is between this model and the Nikon #6718), which costs around $90-100. It has very good reviews. But...there is also the Bushnell .22 Rimfire 4x32 Multi-X 762243 for only $30, which also seems to have good reviews. If any of you have suggestions or comments for me, I'd love to hear them.

Mostly I will be plinking on my property at 30 yards, and that would be about the average distance I would be attempting to shoot at the ground squirrels.

Thank you,
Brian
(first time poster)

Man,sometimes my memory really sucks.
How'bout a SIMMONS 22mag? SHEEEZE man:huh::s0155:
<broken link removed>

And there is a dove tail rail on the top of the Henrys.You can mount it that way,which is OK and doesn't harm the receiver.Or there is a adapter to weaver rail that will slip on ,but it has set screws that do mar the receiver.
You just have to find some nicer dove tail mounts iffin you don't want the set screws digging into the receiver

No picture but I found it
http://swfa.com/T22-Base-Converter-C4278.aspx

My question would be how are you going to mount a scope on a top eject lever action rifle?

The Henry Classic Lever Action H001 rifle comes with 3/8th groove on the receiver, so I will mount a scope on top without difficulty. It is a side-eject rifle. Am I missing something here? Perhaps you are thinking of the Golden Boy or Big Boy Henry models.

My question would be how are you going to mount a scope on a top eject lever action rifle?
Not a top ejector - side ejector. I put a Red Dot on mine just because I got the scope for free as a gift from my workplace. I had to buy the wider rail which fits on to the dovetail of the Henry.

H001RD01.jpg

H001RD02.jpg

Ah I don't know Henry rifles very well the name classic threw me I figured if it was classic it would have been somewhat like the original Henrys and be a top eject.
'

I bought a new Simmons 3-9x32 scope today. The shop mounted the scope and bore-sighted (using a collimated light source) it. After going home I started sighting it in. It's taking a bit longer than expected, but I getting closer.

Thanks for your comments everyone!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads