JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got that impression from his lowers, mega gtr lowers are 199 at a few othe shops like umatila and rainier and curt was selling the same item for $250. mega msrp is 219, anything over that is price gouging. his price on mi flip up sights was high, his price on an armorers tool was about $10 over what others were charging, his price on magpie parts was high and so on... I didn't see anything I couldn't yet considerably cheaper elsewhere. maybe he raised prices just for me...?

I learned about this shop in the last few days. Stopped in today and picked up some 7.62x39 and an ammo can. Only thing that I noticed being on the high side were their ak mags. Their wall definitely made me want some sort of ar platform though. That place is dangerous on the wallet. Good service too.

I got that impression from his lowers, mega gtr lowers are 199 at a few othe shops like umatila and rainier and curt was selling the same item for $250. mega msrp is 219, anything over that is price gouging. his price on mi flip up sights was high, his price on an armorers tool was about $10 over what others were charging, his price on magpie parts was high and so on... I didn't see anything I couldn't yet considerably cheaper elsewhere. maybe he raised prices just for me...?

I had a similar experience - I bought a castle nut wrench for $12.00 that sells online for $7, I bought a JP spring kit for $13 that came in a Brownells bag (Brownells sell the same kit for 9.99 and likely less to a vendor/distributor). And in my greatest moment of weakness I bought the Mega GTR-3H lower you're referring to. I did bring up his huge price mark up and told him what MSRP on Mega's website is, and what Rainier is selling them for (Rainer also has all the costs of a storefront that Curt has so the online vs storefront argument doesn't apply to justify the price difference). Curt picked up his calculator and came up with a slightly lower number, but by no means was matching Rainier's price.

Curt offers a 5% military discount which was appreciated, but Rainer offered the same lower Curt was asking $250.00 for $209 with a military discount.

Bottom line, it's a decent shop and the staff was friendly, but the reviews it's getting for its fantastic prices are not justified in my opinion. I would be shocked to see Curt's sell anything cheaper than DSG Arms, or Rainier Arms.

I can understand if people said they were willing to overlook the extra cost to "have it now" and with small orders I understand that, but even factoring in Rainier's flat $7 shipping fee it's still costing more to buy at Curt's in the example of the lower receiver - making the only real benefit, supporting a local vendor, and having the product NOW. And on that note, I am more inclined to help a vendor who is doing what they can to help me first, and if that's offer me discounts and lower prices than I will support that vendor, not the one who is 5 miles from my house.

I like the idea of Curt's shop, but I like my money more - if he was even willing to price match other PNW gun stores I would exclusively do business with him, but it was my experience that he was not willing to do that.

Curt's prices are very good when compared to Portland area gunshops except Keith's.

If that's a response to my above post, then it seems you missed my entire point. But to entertain your idea, don't forget to add Northwest Armory, Little Bear Guns and Mk Tactical to your list of gun stores with equal or better prices than Curts.

And likely the response to this will be, "well it's the cheapest gun store with AR parts in Milwaukie..." to which I'll reply, "but what about Northwest Armory?" and round and round we'll go until I come to the realization that no matter what examples or logic I use, nothing can fight the kool-aid once it's been consumed, so on that note - enjoy! There is no better place in the world to spend your money, Curt's has the best inventory in Milwaukie, Oregon, and likely the world, his prices are so outstanding it's a wonder he stays in business, and I'm pretty sure Eugene Stoner works behind the counter sometimes giving advice and installing parts.

I did not know that Curt had a military discount, that is a bonus. The rest of your rant is baloney.

When I first read your response my initial reaction was to make fun of you for misspelling a common type of lunch meat, but I figured that would be as childish as your response and it would be much more entertaining to ask that you point out how exactly my post is incorrect, or "bologna?" Give me an example - I provided examples of how he charges more, and who charges less. It's only bologna if its not true. If it's not - show me how. Simple request.

Don't forget that Curt will install anything you buy from him (usually right then and there) for free, Also he is willing a lot of times to buy take off parts at a good price. The guy does a great business and honestly I think of his shop as a candy store not as a bargain outlet... I dont use credit and dont often use my debit card online so the online deals don't even cross my radar. A good shop to me means that there is something new and cool to look at when I go in, the staff is helpful and not demeaning, and that the price of goods is in line with anywhere else within 20 miles, that's Curts.

I wandered into Curt's for a stripped lower, started talking about the build I was planning, and ended up with a varmit upper that he assembled for me while I waited. It was less expensive than anything I could find on the internet.
I made it back the next week to buy the lower, not the best price I could find, but fair.
Customer service IS worth paying more for.

My son likes to spend his money at Curt's and he's always watching out for his money.

Buy what you like, at the price that you like. Otherwise, find another shop.

BTW, a case of 1000 rds of Wolf 7.62x39 was priced at $239. That might be considered reasonable to some. And, I do know of places where it's more expensive. But yes, I can find it cheaper still on the web. In the end YOU get to decide what you want to do with your money. No one is forcing you to buy from him.

Aloha, Mark

i will be shopping at curts from now on,northwest armory has lost my business for poor customer service so curts will be getting my money now.i have heard nothing but good about this place.

Just want to give a thanks to Curt's Discount, I kick the tires a bunch, stop in about every week and am always treated well. Ther prices range from high to competitive but it's nice to actually touch something before you buy. They have a good selection of AR parts and accessories, with new stuff weekly.
I need to stay out of that store. I walk in look around, next thing I know my wallets open.

Thanks for the great service

I went in the other day. Curt was very helpful, even after I told him very plainly I was just LOOKING, not planning on buying anything.

Answered my dumb questions for a solid hour. No exaggeration.

....I ended up buying his newbie AR package and being extremely happy with it.

Heading back tomorrow to buy some more stuff I don't need.

it seems a majority or a select few on this site would rather save a few bucks and order their stuff online instead of finding a local business to support, people seem to be disgusted and offended that you are asking .30cents a round when they can order it online for .28cents a round "with free shipping for black friday", bottom line is that some people are so hellbent on saving $5-$15 that they would rather sit at home clicking away entering debit card information and then waiting a week for their stuff to show up than get off their butts, get out, socialize-find and support a local shop or living room dealer.

with all that being said I have been to the shop and thought they had great prices, they are the only official business I have found in the area that sells 5.45, HOWEVER when I was there looking around the two older fellas behind the counter kept STARING at me like I was going to steal something and it got to the point where I wound up buying more than I could afford at the time just to come off as a big spender but the damage was already done and I left feeling dirty....Sunday morning hangover blew it all at the bar dirty, sorry guy's but after a night of enchaladas and beer my pants pockets are too tight to fit ANYTHING in but a few keys and a few loose .22lr shells

maybe they just dont trust anybody under 50

When I first read your response my initial reaction was to make fun of you for misspelling a common type of lunch meat, but I figured that would be as childish as your response and it would be much more entertaining to ask that you point out how exactly my post is incorrect, or "bologna?" Give me an example - I provided examples of how he charges more, and who charges less. It's only bologna if its not true. If it's not - show me how. Simple request.

baloney - Google Search

it seems a majority or a select few on this site would rather save a few bucks and order their stuff online instead of finding a local business to support, people seem to be disgusted and offended that you are asking .30cents a round when they can order it online for .28cents a round "with free shipping for black friday", bottom line is that some people are so hellbent on saving $5-$15 that they would rather sit at home clicking away entering debit card information and then waiting a week for their stuff to show up than get off their butts, get out, socialize-find and support a local shop or living room dealer.

with all that being said I have been to the shop and thought they had great prices, they are the only official business I have found in the area that sells 5.45, HOWEVER when I was there looking around the two older fellas behind the counter kept STARING at me like I was going to steal something and it got to the point where I wound up buying more than I could afford at the time just to come off as a big spender but the damage was already done and I left feeling dirty....Sunday morning hangover blew it all at the bar dirty, sorry guy's but after a night of enchaladas and beer my pants pockets are too tight to fit ANYTHING in but a few keys and a few loose .22lr shells

maybe they just dont trust anybody under 50
Just so you know. I have been eyeballin' you the whole time you were typing this post. Buy something or get out you hippie.

Hillary there has been fantastic to work with on suppressors. So refreshing to work with someone that detail oriented. Makes the process so much easier and pleasant. Best price I found on AAC suppressors also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top