Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply--Awesome Store!

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by spendolla, Jul 29, 2011.

1. spendolla

spendolla Member

9   0   0
    I was reading some posts here about Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply and thought I'd check the place out. Wow. Super cool shop. Great selection of gear (mostly tacticool toys, which is what I was looking for). Best selection of Magpul products I've seen anywhere. The prices were ALL less than Cheaper Than Dirt's. And the owner and his wife were super friendly. Finally, a store that doesn't treat you like a jerk for walking through the door! I would highly recommend checking the place out and giving them your business. I walked out with WAY more than I was planning on buying, though. So be careful ;)

17843 Se Mcloughlin Blvd Suite 1
    Milwaukie, OR 97267
  2. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Well-Known Member

87   0   0
    I made the trek over to Curt's today. I was very happy with what I found. I wasn't as happy when I left since I was over $300 poorer and carrying a bag that could just about fit in my front pocket, but that is beside the point. The owner was very helpful and the prices were very fair on everything he carried. He had a lot of stuff in stock that I would have never thought he would (like a front insert for a YHM handguard). I have already started planning my next build in my head. I will be going back over there next week to pick up a few more things to finish my pistol build.
  3. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Well-Known Member

37   0   0
    Best shop for AR goodies in the PNW.
  4. Skang

Skang Well-Known Member

26   0   0
    Cool, If I get chance to be in that area, Ill stop by!
  5. sowatnao

sowatnao Member

1   0   0
    lucky oregunners! WA doesn't even have a good discount store!
    borrowedsig and (deleted member) like this.
  6. elkfish

elkfish Member

14   0   0
    Is he the same guy who brings all the Magpull stuff to the last few PDX gun shows?
  7. DALE

DALE Member

12   0   0
    Yes.

I had a bad experience with Curt's, but I think it was a fluke. He has a well stocked store and carries items that other dealers don't seem to understand that there is a demand for.
  8. PlayboyPenguin

87   0   0
    I just had another great experience there today. He spent a lot of time getting my upper together even though I only bought $35 in parts from him today. As i was leaving I dropped a few hundred more on a barrel though. :)
  9. John Gault

John Gault Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

11   0   0
    Stopped by Yesterday. Nice little shop. Happy to show me stuff I was interested in behind the counter. Looked like a steady stream of people shopping by. Two guys behind the counter. Found an item I wanted and will be bringing my black rifle in for an update. (not telling what it is until it's on my rifle due to quanitity in stock) I was told that if I bought the part Curt would install it for me no charge (based on time available and my patience). They also stock some Vortex scopes which I've heard good things on but not too many dealers local. Lots of Magpul stuff and good pricing!
  10. chainsaw

chainsaw Active Member

10   0   0
    Know if they have a website?
  11. John Gault

11   0   0
    Went back to Curt's today and purchased a A.R.M.S. folding front site. Sweet! As per my earlier post, Curt installed it, NO Charge, while I waited (Store was quiet this time). Unfortunately Curt worked so slow (just kidding) that I found (actually pointed out to me) the brand new Troy Ambi Charging Handle that I'd been researching and left with it (installed) also. Both the guys behind the counter were classy guys and I'll be back for more goodies. PS: Store grew in merchandise size just since Friday, added more shelf space.
  12. John Gault

11   0   0
    I don't think they have a site yet.
  13. JohnnyCauc

JohnnyCauc Member

3   0   0
    Does he offer additional gunsmithing services like finishing, or just assembly/disassembly?
  14. CMDrake

CMDrake New Member

0   0   0
    Awesome store! i am so glad this shop opened, small store but he seems to have more and more stuff every time im in there. he has an excellent selection of Magpul stuff, Lots of parts and pieces. he has a good selection of handguards, rails, mags, iron sights, electronic sights, uppers, flash hiders, compensators, stocks, barrels, you name it. if they dont have it they can probably order it for you. He also does gunsmithing, i am having him remove and install a new flash hider on my m4. He carries AAC suppressors also. His prices are great, too. This is my go-to shop because i dont like online shopping.
  15. PlayboyPenguin

87   0   0
    I was there again today and the place does seem to have more each time I am there. Unfortunately I always have less when I leave. Usually a few hundred dollars less.
  16. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Well-Known Member

37   0   0
    I guess I need to stop by and see the NEW stuff.
  17. nubus

nubus Guest

0   0   0
    BTW that other guy behind the counter isn't his wife! :paranoid: Just kidding!

Curt is a stand up guy and has helped me out a lot on many occasions.
    I'm glad to see his shop doing well, he does have the best stuff and prices around.
    I got a chance to stop by last week and left poorer than I had arrived!
  18. kenjo

kenjo Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

1   0   0
    I stopped in there the other day and walked out with a new DPMS lower receiver. There was a long wait for the NICS check (stuck in the holding zone) so I walked over to Roakes and had a nice hamburger. Nice store. Lots of stuff. Both gentlemen working there were very helpful. I've recommended it to my friends.
  19. Bam

Bam Member

0   0   0
    Anyone see a single point sling mount there?
  20. captqc

captqc Active Member

31   0   0
    Yup! I picked up one last week, I picked up the Noveske end plate single point mount but he has several styles in stock.