JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm fairly sure that anyone posting such negativity about the M44 had never shot a descent example of one, or is just bothered and upset that it's not up to physical par with $1000+ sporting rifles. My 1945 Russian m44 will group all five shots touching eachother on the bullseye at about 120 yards using a rest and Russian surplus ammo. Yes my ATF 1954 Turkish Mauser has a smoother action and is deadly accurate, but the M44 does its job and it does it very very well no matter what others opinions may be. It's extremely reliable and extremely accurate, and mine has a VERY nice trigger for a war rifle. It makes the trigger on my Mauser feel horrible compared.

Oh, and I guess I should chime in on the actual topic of conversation as well. Seeing as I paid quite a bit less then $230 for my Russian M44 about 5 years ago the $230 seems high, but these days it really isn't that bad of a price. A good example of one will shoot more accurately then most shooters and myself have the ability to. After I finally got my front sight adjusted properly it is a nail driver. I've used different types of surplus and brand new ammo and mine seems to do its best groupings with Russian surplus.

Well, i remember the days when a Russian M44 would sell for $69, $79 etc. I got one in 96' in mint condition for that price. Just like everything out there, price goes up. The GI Joe's Mauser that was $219 in 05', where did they go? That's right, the price went up after everyone bought them. And the Enfields, that's right up went the price. So goes it with the Mosin M44, and yes I bought one for $200 because? They are drying up. 91/30's do go for about $120 because there are so many coming in still. However, give it time and I believe they will go up too. There are only so many that can be brought in before they no longer exist in Russia. Ammo is still cheap, which makes it the last true good deal on vintage surplus rifle. Get one while you can at the lowest price. M44's are the best and most fun to shoot. I passed up 3 tiger stripe Finns in 03' not realizing what they were at $100 each! Bottom line, once price on guns go up they don't usually go back down.

With surplus ammo and a scout scope all my Nagants do 2 MOA. But they are hand selected (by me) and have excellent bores

I paid $84 each out the door at big 5