JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I used to be a Crossbow user regularly, but it was when the Barnett Commando self cocking era was around. I know things have changed and I'm asking for input from actual users as to what to expect from the new models on the market.

I'd like info on self cocking, strap cocking, lever cocking, is 150lbs enough?. I'd also like to know about the ability for scope additions, laser sighting where applicable?, most bang for the buck.

I appreciate any and all answers, I'm going to use it for target practice regularly and want to know where manufacturer failures happen as well, such as poor implementation of features.

Barnett?, Excalibur?
Budget of 500.00 max

Thanks in advance.

I've decided after much research and company background that my choices are to go with Barnett. I've narrowed down my decision to a few different models and I am heading out today to various archery stores to handle a few of them to see if they meet my body profile.

I'm thinking the Barnett Ghost or the Barnett Wildcat

I've chose these due to the weight, fps, width, ease of use, ability to buy accessories without breaking the bank.

Thoughts?

Last Edited:
Year round target practice. Crossbows are a blast to shoot.

It's not every day you can go out in your field and shoot a gun, but you can always find time to sit around and shoot a crossbow anytime you want.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top