Colorado House approves all four gun-control measures

Discussion in 'Legal & Political' started by DHPShooter, Feb 20, 2013.

1. DHPShooter

DHPShooter Member

2   0   0
    "A package of four Democratic gun-control bills cleared the Colorado House on Monday and is headed to the Democrat-led Senate, where the votes could be close.

Senate committees could take them up as early as this week if they wanted. However, timing issues with other bills mean the gun bills could be delayed for weeks.

..."

Colorado House approves all four gun-control measures - The Denver Post
  2. Ripcord785

Ripcord785 New Member

0   0   0
    The four measures in Colorado have indeed passed the house. I'm afraid they're going to pass the Senate. Does anybody know when they take effect if they pass the House and Senate and are signed by the Governor?
  3. Slobray

Slobray New Member

0   0   0
  4. drew

drew Well-Known Member

28   0   0
    At least say they're considering moving to PNW states. Might pressure a few politicians who are close to fence on some bills.

The Denver Post needs to do a little more research. Magpul is not an ammunition company.
  5. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Member

1   0   0
    WA is a HUGE gamble and frankly I highly doubt it's near the top of their list. My list in no particular order would be TX, WY, MT, and SC.
    Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Redcap

Redcap Well-Known Member

3   0   0
    Funny...those are the states that I am considering for my move. Also Vermont.
    Angie and (deleted member) like this.
  7. chariot13

chariot13 Well-Known Member

15   0   0
    WY. Or if that bill passes in MO making it a felony to introduce gun control legislation :))
  8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

11   0   0
    looks like my boycot list just got bigger and I'll be buying different beer!!!!
  9. Heidland

Heidland Active Member

0   0   0
    This surprises me no more than our state. The population is concentrated in a tiny portion of both states, and that concentration votes Blue, even though the rest of the state votes Red.

Also, why is it that Conservatives get the same color Communists did in the 50s and 60s? I'm just sayin'
  10. titsonritz

titsonritz Well-Known Member

23   0   0
    This is how you get to them, by voting with your $$$ and letting them know it. Drink Coors? Switch beers. Hunt in CO? Go to Utah instead. Write the CO congress let them know that if the pass anti-gun BS they won’t be receiving anymore out of state hunting tag revenue from you and you’ll be shooting Budweiser cans from now on.
  11. titsonritz

titsonritz Well-Known Member

23   0   0
    It is backwards, which makes sence since we're talking politics.
  12. samuelm16

samuelm16 Well-Known Member

8   0   0
    Magpul isnt the manufacture of the mags they are contracted out to a a polymer company so that company would need to move as well
  13. samuelm16

samuelm16 Well-Known Member

8   0   0
    Alfred manufacturing is the guys that actually make them
  14. swoop

swoop Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

65   0   0
    Doesn't surprise me. Half the population in Denver are Hollywood transplants.
  15. Arkarayne

Arkarayne Member

26   1   0
    Is Idaho neutral ground at all?
  16. Kevatc

Kevatc Well-Known Member

2   0   0
    From the article: "There are a lot of students who simply are not ready to be in the presence of firearms," said bill sponsor Rep. Claire Levy, D-Boulder. "It's a dangerous mix."

People the same age as those students are fighting in our military. Wonder if she could look at those military folks in the eye of that age and tell them they're just not capable of being safe around guns because it's just a dangerous mix?
    Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Well-Known Member

7   0   0
    certainly a good point but i personally feel the minimum age for joining the army should be raised a few years. being 26 now, its still fresh in my mind how much learning is done in that short period of time. 18 isnt old enough to agree to put your life on the line.
  18. RVTECH

RVTECH Well-Known Member

10   0   0
    You might want to check Buds position on gun control before your make the switch.
  19. Fisher Bill

Fisher Bill Member

0   0   0
    Not sure why anyone would drink either of those beers, the only beer I drink is made in Oregon and there's a lot to choose from.

In the end it all boils down to money and when it leaves people usually change their tune in a hurry so hopefully the Colorado folks will send their local government a message and fast.

JohnnyD and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Stomper

Stomper 3%er Bronze Supporter

25   0   0
    I enlisted @ 17 (but I pride myself in being atypical), and I saw a LOT of young guys fresh off of mama's apron strings run themselves into the gutter in their off-time. I see your point in "today's terms", because too many of TODAY'S youth are video game addicted, couch potato, instant gratification, entitled, softies who have everything done for them, and given a "pass" in the name of, "self-esteem".

It's funny, because I SWEAR that I recall my grandpa saying more or less the same things (in different terms of course) about my generation. Military service caused me to "grow up" rather quickly (albeit harshly at times), but it amplified my personal qualities, like being self-reliant, innovative, adaptive, improvising, dedicated, loyal, looking out for others, and (most importantly) learning to effectively control, channel and focus the "berzerker-rage" that's embedded my genetic programming... Just sayin'.
    Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.