JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CODE 3 Police Supply
142 13th St. SE
Salem, OR 97301

Be careful with these guys. I went in and heard one of the kids talking to someone on the phone. He lied and said SPD had been using a particular gun acessory as some sort of selling point when in fact Salem does not use that part AT ALL!

A shady place with no real experience it appears.

I have been in the shop several times and have had good experiences there, both guys that were there seemed nice, friendly but we did not get into any specifics regarding gear or guns.

What is the part/accessory that they were talking about? Are you with SPD and know that they don't use it.

Was it apparent that it was a lie or was he just wrong. There is a huge difference in my book.

I only ask because I have had really positive experiences there...
Well, I would agree if the guy said something like "I believe" or "I understand that..." but the guy tells some customer on the phone about a telescoping stock on "all Salem's shotguns". Now, that's not even close to true.

Now, I like helping out local business but can't go for an out and out lie.

I wasn't going to post anything till I saw this...I went in looking for a specific holster. They were VERY friendly with me and the other customers, and everyone seemed on the up and up. The holster I was looking for was not in stock, so I asked him to order it and paid in full right then. He took my name, phone number, and email and told me he would give me a call and email once he had it...which was estimated at about 8-10 days.

After 3 weeks with no contact, I stopped back in to see what's going on with my holster. I asked what was up and explained who I was. He remembered and said he had completely spaced it and would for sure call me the next day with an answer on where it was or when it was going to come in. I heard nothing from him the next day. The day after (the 2nd day after I went in) I walked up to the counter and was greeted as if I'd never been in the store before.

I understand that people get busy, lots of faces come through the door, but to promise me TWICE that I'm going to be contacted and then not call...well that's pretty poor customer service. He gave me an excuse that the rep hadn't gotten back to him and he had left messages (which I totally understand, everyone is back-ordered right now) and that he would keep trying. At that point, I figured I would just get something else and find my holster elsewhere. When I asked if I could just get an AK mag (marked at $20) and a box of ammo or some cash (my holster was $31) I was told that he couldn't do that. So I paid cash for an item that was never even ordered, but I can't exchange it for an in-stock item? He did offer me a holster for a completely different pistol that he said would fit, and produced his own Sig that fit very very poorly. At that point I asked for my money back which was quickly refunded. After I had cash in hand he asked if I wanted to buy an AK mag now.

No thanks, I have already and will take my business elsewhere. Salem has some pretty poor customer service when it comes to gun shops. The only shop I've felt welcome at so far is MLC. Everywhere else I get the run-around. (I haven't had a chance to check out Ole's yet)

While the guys down there seem very nice, I wouldn't suggest you order anything from/through them.

Wow!

BUZ.... I think you might have missunderstood, that happens sometimes when you are only hearing one side of the conversation. You could have asked me what I was talking about when you were in the store, but obviousily you would rather come on here and try and make us look bad.

Ok Mike, AKA Skud_Dusty.....

Maybe you don't think we get on here, but we do... and we have been on here for a very long time. We pride ourselves in customer service and try very very hard to make everybody happy..... as you can see there are just some people you can't make happy.

Mike, AKA Skud_Dusty.... You came in looking for a Holster for your Sig 228, I told you that we would have to order the type and color you wanted. I told you that it would take about 8-10 days from the Manufacture, you said fine. You called me on about day 9 and I told you I had not heard anything and would check on it. Then you came in the next day just after opening and said you had sold your Sig 228 and didn't need the holster for it anymore..... Even though the holster was special ordered I was giving you good customer service by giving you the money back, I even offered you a better holster for the same money... you say it fit poorly, well it fits perfect. Its a Leather Bianchi and is for a SIG 228.... FUNNY THAT YOU DIDNT SAY ANYTHING about selling your Sig 228. Of course you didnt need the holster since you didnt have the gun anymore.

I do all this for you, and give you a full exchange, and you get on here and bash us.

Wow!

BUZ.... I think you might have missunderstood, that happens sometimes when you are only hearing one side of the conversation. You could have asked me what I was talking about when you were in the store, but obviousily you would rather come on here and try and make us look bad.

Maybe you don't think we get on here, but we do... and we have been on here for a very long time. We pride ourselves in customer service and try very very hard to make everybody happy..... as you can see there are just some people you can't make happy.

Mike, AKA Skud_Dusty.... You came in looking for a Holster for your Sig 228, I told you that we would have to order the type and color you wanted. I told you that it would take about 8-10 days from the Manufacture, you said fine. You called me on about day 9 and I told you I had not heard anything and would check on it. Then you came in the next day just after opening and said you had sold your Sig 228 and didn't need the holster for it anymore..... Even though the holster was special ordered I was giving you good customer service by giving you the money back, I even offered you a better holster for the same money... you say it fit poorly, well it fits perfect. Its a Leather Bianchi and is for a SIG 228.... FUNNY THAT YOU DIDNT SAY ANYTHING about selling your Sig 228. Of course you didnt need the holster since you didnt have the gun anymore.

I do all this for you, and give you a full exchange, and you get on here and bash us.

Two sides to every story, nice to hear the other side as the truth USUALLY resides somewhere in the middle. How about responding to the original post as well?

Wow!

It not about asking you right there... you were "wrong" but more likely just saying something to sell your product. Its not that I'm worried about confronting a salesman, it just shows poor ethics and I think its important for consumers to know your business practice.

You and I both know what you said... tell me you know what kind of stocks Salem use? In fact, tell me which agencies in the valley use those stocks primarily.

Well now it's my turn. Nathan did the first response so now I will do mine. I don't know exactly what was said or how this got started. But I can tell you that we would not tell someone that the whole department is using a particular item to try to sell something to someone. There is not many agencies that could afford to outfit ALL of their issued shotguns with a Knoxx set-up or something similar. So I don't know what you thought you heard, but it was not that all of Salem Police Department is outfitted with this stock. I don't even know what stock you are referring to so some enlightenment would be nice. Regardless of which one it was that you were referring to though, it wasn't said! I don't know if we upset with a business transaction or what. But I know that we did not say what you are claiming we said. It seems more like you have a personal issue with us instead of a business practice. I personally do not know any agencies that would put those on their issue guns. And again, that's assuming you are talking about the Knoxx systems. I do know some of the swat guys have them, but again, there is NO WAY a department would fully supply these for all of their shotguns. So whatever you think you heard, you didn't and I am sorry if we pissed you off for something else and that's what caused your reaction.

As for the holster situation. I was there when you came into the store and talked with Nathan. The hardest part of our job is getting the product into the store. It seems people assume all you have to do is make a phone call, and walla, they ship it out to you and everything is fine. Anyone that has to order stuff for a business knows it does not work that way. It does not excuse the fact that the holster did not get to us in a timely fashion, but we are relying on someone else to get it to us just like you are relying on us to get it to you. Nate offered you a higher priced and higher quality holster for the same price that is made specifically for the Sig model you had and you did not want it. And why did you not want it? Oh yeah, you didn't own the gun anymore. Isn't that convenient? I heard you ask if you could just trade it for a couple of other items and he told you no, he needed to refund your money which he did with NO hesitation. The reason he couldn't trade you is because the items you wanted were not his to sell. There is two sides to the store. I would have gladly gave you a deal on the items you wanted, but it seemed you were more happy just getting your money back.

As you guys can tell. I take this kinda stuff VERY personal. I pride myself on being honest and trustworthy and I Always go out of my way to take care of my customers because they are whats important! I don't know all what was said about the shotgun conversation because I was not the one doing the talking. But we would have NOTHING to gain by telling someone all of Salem PD uses anything so I know it was not said or at least not said in the context it was stated on hear.

Jason

Wow!

Look at the receipt that you still have. I came in on July 21st and ordered/paid for the holster. I DIDN'T call the first time, nor did I ever call. I CAME IN on the 12th. That's just a little bit more than 9 days. The holster you tried to give me you admitted was for a Glock, but you said they use a universal mold, and most other pistols will fit. I tried to put your Sig 228 in the holster right in front of you and it wouldn't even cover the trigger. It started pulling the slide out of battery and that's when I said I'd pass. I never specified color, I just asked for the IWB holster YOU suggested. You offered to order it, I never asked.

As I said, I wasn't going to post this at first, because I felt that I had ok service. As I told you and said in my first post, things are hectic right now for both dealers and manufacturers. I gave you more than just 1 chance to make it right, and I NEVER received any contact from you. I was going to continue my purchase and just sell the holster myself as it's not your fault I sold the pistol...but after getting the run around more than once I wanted my money back which, again as I said, you promptly returned.

Now I will say some good things, because there are some. You are very personable and reasonable when it comes to dealing with things in person. You let me try on a couple holsters so I could find just what I wanted. You were willing to spend the time to make sure I got what was right...but in the end dropped the ball by promising calls and failing to deliver twice.

As for the holster situation. I was there when you came into the store and talked with Nathan. The hardest part of our job is getting the product into the store. It seems people assume all you have to do is make a phone call, and walla, they ship it out to you and everything is fine. Anyone that has to order stuff for a business knows it does not work that way. It does not excuse the fact that the holster did not get to us in a timely fashion, but we are relying on someone else to get it to us just like you are relying on us to get it to you. Nate offered you a higher priced and higher quality holster for the same price that is made specifically for the Sig model you had and you did not want it. And why did you not want it? Oh yeah, you didn't own the gun anymore. Isn't that convenient? I heard you ask if you could just trade it for a couple of other items and he told you no, he needed to refund your money which he did with NO hesitation. The reason he couldn't trade you is because the items you wanted were not his to sell. There is two sides to the store. I would have gladly gave you a deal on the items you wanted, but it seemed you were more happy just getting your money back.
Jason

You were there when I came in for the third time. I ordered the holster, heard nothing for 3 weeks, came back in and was promised a second phone call, neither of which I received. I was willing to wait almost a month for the holster which I even stated in my first post that I had NO PROBLEM waiting for. Nathan even ADMITTED in front of my wife that he had put the order in and then completely forgot about me and the whole situation. I'm not faulting him for that, mistakes happen...but promising to call me, then forgetting AGAIN to me says poor customer service.

I don't have an issue with you Mike. We should have kept you more informed as to what was going on and for that I am sorry. As long as you got what you needed regardless of where it came from is all that matters to me. I have a problem with the other guy. We might say some stupid things, but there is no way we would have said what was posted. I don't even know what Salem has for all of their shotguns in their patrol cars. I do know they have some Remington 870's. But I could not tell you if those are in every vehicle and either can Nate. All I can possibly imagine being said was something jokingly if it was one of our regulars on the phone. But if it was a random customer calling, I guarantee it was NOT said as stated by Buz71.

Jason

And this is why I didn't want to post any of this in the first place. I really feel like your shop tried to do what's right, and in the end I was happy that I was refunded as soon as I asked. I really didn't my post to come across as a trash Code 3 fest because I do feel you guys tried. No hard feelings.

No worries my friend. Like I said, we should have had better communication with you and for that I have no problem publicly apologizing. I don't know what the problem is with the other guy though. We have alot of customers and alot of customers on this site and nobody has been real pissed with us yet. Or at least if they have, they haven't said anything out loud. And believe me, I welcome any criticism as long as it is valid. And you are right Mike, things don't always go smooth as planned when you have to order stuff and the fact that you understand that I am thankful and appreciative. And believe me Buz071, we don't have to lie to someone to sell them a $130 item.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top