JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey - I'm newbie here but I am also considering a 3.5" Citadel 1911.

First I wanted to ask: Jaybo what colors did you cerekote your 1911 in ? - looks really good!

Second: How has the performance & reliability been with this pistol?? From what I can gather on my own they seem like a great buy for the price.

Thank you,

gipb

I used two colors of Cerakote - "Sniper Gray" and "Titanium"

This is a great gun to shoot and I have had no problems with it since I have owned it. A+ I'd buy it again!

I used two colors of Cerakote - "Sniper Gray" and "Titanium"

This is a great gun to shoot and I have had no problems with it since I have owned it. A+ I'd buy it again!

@ Jaybo: Cool - I LOVE the Sniper Gray Cerakote color, I thought that was possibly the darker color - both look great together! I also like the work you've done on it - excellent tips for those of us that like to tinker & improve them a little!

@ Billy 4 HP: Post pics PLEASE - or send me some of your pistol - I'd love to see it with those grips - HUGE improvement for sure!

Heres a pic of mine... still have yet to actually shoot it

2011-03-13_11-32-22_695.jpg

Heres a pic of mine... still have yet to actually shoot it]

WOW! Those grips are SO much better! I was leaning toward crimson trace & Kimber laser grips, but those look excellent!!!

I can't wait to get one of these, I think it will make an excellent conceal & carry! If I could blow the dough for a $1,000 Springfield or Kimber I would, but I think I think this one will work just fine and for me the average Joe weekend shooter - I'll probably shoot it just as accurately ;)

If you actually find some night sights for it that can be installed at a decent price let me know... I wrote citadel and they said a gun smithing would have to be done and so it woudl be around 200 to get some and have em put on..

also heres a link to the finger grip insert i have that you can see in the pic... lets you keep your standard grips... really adds a great touch and feeling..

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/72863-1.html

If you actually find some night sights for it that can be installed at a decent price let me know... I wrote citadel and they said a gun smithing would have to be done and so it woudl be around 200 to get some and have em put on..

also heres a link to the finger grip insert i have that you can see in the pic... lets you keep your standard grips... really adds a great touch and feeling..

72863 - Finger Grooves & Side Panel Grips Compact 1911 Govt Rubber Black

Cool - thanks for the link! Yeah on night sights, that was going to be my next question - I'll do some digging and see what I can come up with and be sure to post it here.

Awesome info & links !!!

I had to make some "tweaks" to mine, and still working on new sights, but you get the idea!! :s0155:

TactGry-Titanium_16.jpg

TactGry-Titanium_12.jpg

TactGry-Titanium_29.jpg

I spent a large amount of time smoothing all sharp edges, making it a lot more comfortable as a carry gun. I installed an extended thumb release, jeweled the barrel and barrel hood, fluted the top and underside of the slide. Filed down the slide release pin, and machined out the recess groove, its now smooth down the side of the slide, and the pin doesn't protrude out. I did away with the stock barrel bushing and went with an EGW beveled bushing with machined plug to match. Its VERY clean. Then had a two tone Cerakote job done. YES.. the Citadel logo is gone... had it machined off when the flute work was done...:D

I'm very happy with the results, it shoots great... but I still need to get the sights figured out since the stock sights sat to high. I want something low profile.

I'm also interested in the finish.. who did yours? How scratch resistant is it?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top