JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A member has reported this as a potential issue. If you are also experiencing this issue, please post in this thread.
Device
Desktop / Laptop - Other (please specify)
Browser
Mozilla Firefox
Reactions
I found I have my own media content here that contains random photos Ive posted. Id like to clean up my media to better utilize this feature, get rid of the random misc stuff.

But it wont let me delete anything. The dialog to select is blank space.

screenshot:
1692929170012.png

Notes: Linux desktop computer using Firefox browser.

This has been a long time issue, and from what I've understood... the only way to edit your media content is to ask a mod to do it for you.

It would be nice to see this finally resolved for self moderation of personal content.

This has been a long time issue, and from what I've understood... the only way to edit your media content is to ask a mod to do it for you.
interesting, one would think the forum would want to support members deleting data that the site has to store.

Kind of a double edged sword though isn't it? I can't speak for all, but for myself, last year after discovering I have no control over my personal media content I simply quit posting any... including using the classifieds for sales.

Well, here comes the big thread drift.
One of my favorites from my non-deletable media list…

View attachment 1475941

Really there was no list…. And Sobo isn't even on it.

Whats odd is I dont have a whole lot in there compared to the probably thousands of pics/screenshots Ive probably posted in 10 years of participating here. And the pics are so random.

heres one of mine Id probably keep.... lol

1692933985185.png

Kind of a double edged sword though isn't it? I can't speak for all, but for myself, last year after discovering I have no control over my personal media content I simply quit posting any... including using the classifieds for sales.
well here comes a thread drift... I dont know if you post in other social media sites but if your concerned with your photos, you should be equally concerned with your text. Same thing really. Your content is yours, but your giving permission to store and display anything on someone else's server, the forum can let you use their platform but cant use other peoples content for revenue without permission.

well here comes a thread drift... I dont know if you post in other social media sites but if your concerned with your photos, you should be equally concerned with your text. Same thing really. Your content is yours, but your giving permission to store and display anything on someone else's server, the forum can let you use their platform but cant use other peoples content for revenue without permission.
Except even stripping out the metadata before posting... photos can still be matched to physical property. Text can't and that's what VPN's and proxy servers are for. ;)

Except even stripping out the metadata before posting... photos can still be matched to physical property. Text can't and that's what VPN's and proxy servers are for. ;)
Im not following how that matters, if you share a pic of something thats yours its still yours.
If you type in here about a gun you own, and dont turn it in if they outlaw it, the text is still matched to your gun you still own.

Im not following how that matters, if you share a pic of something thats yours its still yours.
If you type in here about a gun you own, and dont turn it in if they outlaw it, the text is still matched to your gun you still own.
You mean matching an anonymous online user with an anonymous IP to a specific 4473 among all people that also own... say... a G17? That's assuming that the G17 you own was actually transferred via a 4473. It's possible, but not practical to devote the resources unless there is reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed. So the theory goes.

I don't subscribe to the "in for a penny in for a pound" mentality when it comes to making personal property details public/gooberment domain. You can't control everything, but you can certainly take reasonable measures to minimize your footprint. Posting photographic evidence "may" not hurt but it certainly doesn't help.👍

You mean matching an anonymous online user with an anonymous IP to a specific 4473 among all people that also own... say... a G17?
if your using a VPN and not posting photos of your property then Id agree youd be much harder to track ownership to.
Im guessing the 4473 is all they need though.

Im guessing the 4473 is all they need though.
Coming after your firearms by other means... vs. online presence.... I agree. I saw the writing on the wall years ago though and 4473's are against my religion. :s0155:

For the more "well seasoned" generation I think it's more practical to abstain from the local gooberments recent follies than a lot of the younger folks. Just coming into the shooting world or still working to round out their collections in the freedom despising states... they aren't left with many options.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews