JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a stock and barrel for a 10 22 rifle. I am trying to learn how to work on guns and this seemed like a fairly cheap way to try. Upon further investigation, I can't find a receiver anywhere. Can you buy just a receiver? Or better yet, where can I go from here? I'm thinking I might have made a mistake.

You can not buy just a receiver from Ruger as far as I am aware. There are many companies that make 10/22 receiver. Tactical innovations, NDS, Volquartsen to name a few off the top of my head.

Yes if you order a receiver it will have to be shipped to an FFL.

I bought a cheap no name reciever off gunbroker.com. Then, I bought a good bolt, custom barrel, custom scope rail, custom stock and pretty much built a really nice custom 10/22 for not more than 150-200 bucks more than a stock of the rack 10/22 would cost.

Plus, I don't end up with all those worthless take off parts that no one wants to buy from you.

You could always buy an 80% receiver.

A company called Razor makes 80% recievers and the jigs for finishing them. The advantage is that they are all milled not cast like ruger recievers. They only require a few drilling and tapping operations to finish them. As cheap as barrels and stocks are I have considered building one, I think I have a source for bolts and trigger groups.

A company called Razor makes 80% recievers and the jigs for finishing them. The advantage is that they are all milled not cast like ruger recievers. They only require a few drilling and tapping operations to finish them. As cheap as barrels and stocks are I have considered building one, I think I have a source for bolts and trigger groups.

These look great. I'm going in this direction.