JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New user and just listed a rifle under the classifieds. I was curious if anyone knows about any laws regarding traveling out of state and selling firearms. I ask because I am a Washington local, but visit Oregon occasionally. I would not mind making a day trip to Portland area for a transfer at an FFL, but am unsure about legality. I have searched the forums and tried general google searches with little results. Hopefully that means I am good to go.

Yes. Federal law allows gun transfers interstate, both buy and sell, but they must be done via FFL.

A resident of Oregon can go to WA state and purchase a long gun there, as long as they comply with WA state laws. And vice versa.

A resident of a state can only purchase a handgun within the state of they are resident in, the purchase may be from a resident of another state if it is transferred via an FFL.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top