JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got off the phone with Cabelas and thought I would share some info. Still can't believe what they told me but I won't be spending another penny with them.

I ordered some ammo from them a year or so ago that was back ordered. No problem wasn't in a hurry. An email shows up saying another month, then another, then two more. I finally found some locally and cancelled the order.

Should have learned my lesson there but I tried it again in January. Ammo was backordered 1 week when I ordered it. I needed it this time but figured I could wait a week. A day later it gets bumped out anther week. Then a month. Then two more months. Then today I get an email saying middle of May.:huh:

I called them and asked how it could go from mid January to mid May. Short version is don't trust the dates they put on their site. Even they don't believe or use them. I asked if I was really going to get ammo in May and they couldn't tell me so I cancelled it again. Apparently they don't need the business enough to be honest with people up front.

PR.........That's what counts. Treat your customer like royalty! You treat your customers like they are 17 year old children and the word will get out and they will lose buisness!

After I cancelled the order this morning I sent them an email about the situation and explained why I cancelled the order.

They sent an email and left me a voicemail. Apparently there is a world wide ammo shortage and I should just be patient.:s0112:

Neither reply from them addressed why the dates on their site don't match reality. Actually the voicemail said they have no control or idea of when ammo shipments will arrive.

So why list dates when things will ship then?

I would just go locally and pay the couple extra dollars to have it now vs the waiting game.

I wont shop there either. The items/parts/accessories I am looking for are too high end for that shop to stock so I do my business online now. Much easier.

Kind of sounds like everyone else.....sucks but most of these guys have no idea when their shipments of ammo will arrive. If there is such thing as a silver lining at least Cabela's will honor the back-ordered price most others will not.

Kind of sounds like everyone else.....sucks but most of these guys have no idea when their shipments of ammo will arrive. If there is such thing as a silver lining at least Cabela's will honor the back-ordered price most others will not.

I understand the situation. Ordered .380 Hornady Critical Defense back
in July 09 and received the order shipped email today-took about 8 months.

In January talked to the customer service person. She said there was such a huge back order for this product that it wouldn't be until probably May until my order was filled-so I was pleasantly surprised today when I got the above email.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top