JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's Jiggles? A fish bait and lure shop?

You are exactly right a "Fish Bait" and "Lure Shop". They lure you to come in, last time I was there was about 10 years ago, 2 drinks or otherwise like $20 cover charge to get in. Then they had sharks in there that would bait you into another area and steal a $20 spot for 4 minutes of you time.

I drove by the other day on 205 at 5 mph.. Jiggles is there, Kmart and Micheal's are gone and a whole bunch of earth movers were.. moving earth.

I think Jiggles is staying as they just re-signed their lease.

Wendy's is still there and will stay.

Cabela's should be done by xmas.

Just ate lunch @ that Wendy's Wednesday.

I drove by here last week and was surprised to see Kmart and Wendy's gone I think Jiggles is still standing, didn't know anything about the Cabelas going in there, any time frame when it is supposed to be open?

They're building the HELL out of them cinder-block walls right now!

I am looking forward to it.

I liked to stop at the one in Lacey on my way down or back up to Seattle when I lived up there. Nice store.

As for prices, there are sometimes some deals, they are an alternative, and I don't think I ever saw them charging $16 for a common box of 50 LR rounds like one of the online sellers is doing right now - i.e., they don't scalp you.

Their "gun room" was fun to go into and look at the more unique firearms they had in there.

It isn't your typical outdoor store that is just like any other store except with a few sporting goods items thrown in and one little corner dedicated to guns (*cough* Dicks *cough*) - it is more like an REI for non-yuppies and fun to walk through even if you don't buy anything.

At least that is what the Lacey store is like - I can't speak to the Springfield store.

Why did they take so long to build one here?

I am sure it was a matter of location - they had to find the right one that wasn't too expensive and yet was located such that it would attract enough shoppers. That isn't easy to do.

I'll be glad to have a Cabela's....In Tualatin. No where near where I normally drive but withing reach. Being able to go on the website and order for pick-up at the store will be great. Won't have to pay shipping. Sometimes we'll go during a slower/less traffic time just to shop the clearance, look at the fish, grab a bite etc. Cheap entertainment for an hour or two on a rainy day you know.

Mike

I dont get their thinking behind putting one in Springfield first instead of PDX area (larger population)...... I'm also not sure why people get excited about Cabelas.... I am originally from PHX, AZ metro area where we had Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop (both huge stores compared to the small one in Springfield)... Nice places to visit, big selection of items, but you will find MUCH better prices shopping online.....

Just guessing, but maybe it was more inviting to get into a place quickly that welcomes you instead of requiring 27 different 10 year impact studies with all the differing opinions. They moved into an existing building in Eugene, so no studies, permits or opinions, just first and last.

Why is it a big deal to get excited about; I am 6' 6" and 300lbs and they have my size in stock on the shelf ready to try on and buy. Everywhere else, I have to order it and then end up sending it back because it didn't fit, wasn't comfortable, didn't look like the color online or didn't look good on my girlish figure. Too, even if an item cost more money, if they have it in stock and no one else does, I'll take it.

I agree about the size being small at the Eugene location.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top