JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what I have heard is that it is going to be another "Super Store" like the one in lacey washington and if it is going to be like the one in lacey honestly I welcome it, because that means another large gun store in which I can go and see the guns that some smaller stores might not have in stock, which then means I can see how the gun fits in my hand and everything else and then go order from someplace else, so no harm no foul in my book for cabbalas

I don't get what the huge appeal about Cabelas ethier. The only time I ever bought anything from there is when I saw something on a deep sale, otherwise their prices are not the worth the time.

BUT I always enjoyed killing some time in there and any outdoor store is better than no outdoor store.

I like that they always have lots of stuff on sale.

The other thing I like them for is the ability to go try on gear. Sure I can look at something on the internet, but I am not going to know how it fits, till I wear it. Cabela's carries tons of gear, so I can roll down there, find something I like that fits well and then powershop it on the internet to find the best deal.

I am not looking forward to the construction nightmare since I live and work in Tualatin, but I am looking forward to Cabelas, and hopefully some more good eating options. I love Roxy's and Mai Asia, but I would like a third and fourth option. Also, a five minute drive to buy ammo will be great.

If your not going into the bargain cave, your missing the best part of the store. Ive found some outrageous deals on clothing there. some of the other stuff is ok priced. but for new clothing ,footwear, it cant be beat.

I buy bulk bullets there and primers some times. just as cheap as online.

also since they are building a walmart there, I can get all my shopping done in the new shopping center

hate the trailer trash at freddies

I buy bulk bullets there and primers some times. just as cheap as online.

also since they are building a walmart there, I can get all my shopping done in the new shopping center

hate the trailer trash at freddies

You hate the trailer trash at Fred Meyer, but expect Walmart to be better somehow????

Use to live in Tualatin when that was all farm land. My best friend use to live where they are going to build. Can't wait for them to open the doors.

Did he live in that old house that was in the corner of the lot by the exit ramp behind Wendy's that they demo'd a few years back? It was the oddest thing, that old house sitting there apparently unoccupied for years, but who'd want to live there next to all the traffic and creeps coming and going from Jodi's?

The old farm house they use to live in was turned into the parking lot. I'm not sure, but I belive K-Mart was the first store built, and they removed the house for it. I think the house your asking about is now that big intersection after you come off I-5 south bound. I could be wrong but it has been years (1967-1971). As kids we use to play in it. I remember a lot of old books, and some Civil War uniforms that were up stars. As a kid neat stuff.

I go to the Cabela's in Springfield pretty often. My husband gets bonuses in the form of gift cards at work and Cabela's is one of the places we can use them. I got my dehydrator there and sometimes pick up spices for jerky and such there. We also bought a new gun cleaning kit there. I think their prices are high, but the Bargain Cave is pretty damn cool! I also shop for fishing stuff there, but don't usually buy.

Good to see Cabelas and a Walmart go up.

I see signs advertising an indoor shooting range a couple blocks west of there.

The traffic there is bad enough already though, they need the widen that Tualatin-Sherwood Hwy the whole way to 99.

Fall 2014 still the opening date?

Good to see Cabelas and a Walmart go up.

I see signs advertising an indoor shooting range a couple blocks west of there.

The traffic there is bad enough already though, they need the widen that Tualatin-Sherwood Hwy the whole way to 99.

Fall 2014 still the opening date?

The indoor shooting range would be threat dynamics. I pass that sign everyday going home from work.

They should keep "Giggles" more money making there. I think its going to be a traffic nightmare. That area see's traffic all the time. I love Cabela's..traffic sucks. I think Ehlen road in aurora would be perfect on that empty property east of freeway.

There is also more land than all the other spots in Portland. The entire area between the Columbia River and Columbia Blvd\Sandy Blvd and the Willamette river to the Sandy River is probably the most underdeveloped metropolitan area for 50 miles. The original Costco in the Metro area was in the middle of this region and is still there and thriving after 30 years. The trouble with national retailers they have no idea of the area's they are trying to set up camp in. I never will forget the one about on the grand opening a national retailer had spotted owls and panfish gear when they opened in a logging and salmon fishing area. Still chuckling about that one.

IF they make it similar to the "Flagship" store in Lacey, I'll be a regular customer.
I don't expect them to be the cheapest in town, but I know that there will be lots of selection and lots of eye candy.

Hurry up already! :drink:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top