JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dont get their thinking behind putting one in Springfield first instead of PDX area (larger population)...... I'm also not sure why people get excited about Cabelas.... I am originally from PHX, AZ metro area where we had Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop (both huge stores compared to the small one in Springfield)... Nice places to visit, big selection of items, but you will find MUCH better prices shopping online.....

I don't get what the huge appeal about Cabelas ethier. The only time I ever bought anything from there is when I saw something on a deep sale, otherwise their prices are not the worth the time.

BUT I always enjoyed killing some time in there and any outdoor store is better than no outdoor store.

I have only been there once. I drove down to Springfield last winter just to buy my eotech. It was $150 cheaper there then anywhere else. Even online! I wasn't to impressed by anything else that was there though. I prefer sportsmans warehouse.

Actually, Cabela's is just one store out of an entire new strip mall being put in.

300,000 square feet of retail space is planned, cabela's is about 100,000.

Jiggles will be bulldozed, as well as K-mart, and the whole area is being redesigned.

I was just down at the Springfield store last Tuesday, and on an impulse purchase I picked up a Luepold Mark-AR 1.5-4x20 scope and "tactical" picatinny AR mount for my 6.8SPC AR rifle for just a smidgen over $400 total, the price was not the worst I've seen.

On a side note, they had TONS of ammo on the shelf, i.e. 7.62x39 FMJ & HP for under $6 a box, 6.8SPC FMJ and .308 FMJ for under $20 a box... all of which is quite competitive with today's (sad) prices/availability. My wife went crazy taking photos photos of all the taxidery displays, so that kept her busy whilst I "man shopped".... LOL!

My next major "shooting" purchase will be an 800-1000m capable laser range finder... at this time, from who/where I know not.

I don't get what the huge appeal about Cabelas ethier.

What I like about them is I know that when I visit a Cabela's they will probably have what I need (or something similar). If I need something quickly I don't mind paying retail, and it beats spending time and gas running around the PDX area looking for something. Otherwise, I do take advantage of Cabela's sales fairly often. Plus, I can look online and see if they carry a specific brand or item, and can have it shipped to the store. Fisherman's is the only other real option where I live (will not go to Dick's ever again), but Fisherman's website is useless for figuring out what they have, and they don't offer online shopping. For me it is about selection and availability, and Cabela's does that a lot better than what we currently have in my part of PDX. I like BiMart, but their selection is small.

Nice places to visit, big selection of items, but you will find MUCH better prices shopping online.....

After going to the Springfield store last Sunday and seeing their in store prices on pretty much everything, I am probably not going back anytime soon, nor do I care if they put in a store in Tualatin. Especially wrecking out Jiggles to put it there. I can get anything I need on line or in a more reasonably priced store.

My main impression is that the brand is targeted to upscale sportsman and people who have no need to watch how much they spend on "stuff". Eliminates me as a target customer.

I don't get it - pretty much everyone else in the Portland area sells at retail too, so why slam Cabela's because they do? I do 90%+ of my purchases via online, so between Amazon, Optics Planet, and Cabela's (sales, free shipping to store, but on the shelf if needed), and BiMart I'll be covered 100%. I'm not trying to come off as a commercial for Cabela's, but this is the other reason I will support them by trying them first when I need something:

Cabela?s Pulls Out Of Pennsylvania Show Over Gun Flap « CBS Philly

I don't get what the huge appeal about Cabelas ethier.

From what I hear,

I always enjoyed killing some time in there and any outdoor store is better than no outdoor store.

and if you

ever bought anything from there is when I saw something on a deep sale

You could have it shipped to the store for free. Depending on distance and what shipping costs that may or may not help, but the wife and I run errands in the Wilsonville area quite often so it wouldn't be a big deal to pop up there to pick it up.

And see, you do know what the appeal to Cabela's is. :D

I understand what everyone is saying about price, but I didn't think they were too far over. I just visited the one in Post Falls earlier this week and loved it! The kids actually enjoyed it too. I would imagine I will still do a fair amount of shopping online, but I do prefer to handle things in person first, so I can see visits there in the future. Plus aside from .22 they seemed to have basically all the ammo in whatever caliber you wanted, for reasonable.

I always stop by Cabela's when I'm around one. They always seem to have a few deals in the bargain cave and nobody complains if you leave empty handed. Like most corporations they are profit motivated, is that so horrible? Nobody seems to complain that Ruger makes a profit, what makes Cabela's any different? They have their niche and so do the discount stores.

I always stop by Cabela's when I'm around one. They always seem to have a few deals in the bargain cave and nobody complains if you leave empty handed. Like most corporations they are profit motivated, is that so horrible? Nobody seems to complain that Ruger makes a profit, what makes Cabela's any different? They have their niche and so do the discount stores.
I stop by them when I'm around one too. I've also found a couple things in the bargain cave for very good prices. It's also good when you have forgotten something and are a long ways from home because they stock a lot of things. I often leave empty handed.

I wont be shopping there, Oregon City yes, Tualatin no. Too far 80 mile round trip. I will just stick to Sportsmans Warehouse for a brick and mortar store. Or do online shopping. I bought 2 12,000 BTU air conditioners online for less than $520.00 shipped to my door earlier this summer. On hot days everyone comments on how nice my house feels. Try buying the same locally for the same price, would have cost me almost half again as much. My last five ammo buys have been online. The leftover Chinese food I am eating right now as I type this post, I ordered online. Ordered it and 25 min later it arrived at my door. I was skeptical at first with online eCommerce but having done it for a while it really saves money and a lot of miles on my car.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top