JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That giant flushing sound on the eastern horizon is someone's Justice Department career going down the toilet....
:s0095:

BREAKING: Grassley has ‘damning’ Gunrunner documents – CBS News

Devastating e-mail exchanges between a senior official with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Phoenix, AZ and a cooperating gun shop operator have been revealed by Senator Charles Grassley in a letter sent late yesterday to Attorney General Eric Holder.

“In light of this new evidence,” Grassley tells Holder, “the Justice Department’s claim that the ATF never knowingly sanctioned or allowed the sale of assault weapons to straw purchasers is simply not credible.”

<broken link removed>

Gun shop owner expressed concerns early on in "gunwalker" scandal - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

How much longer will we put up with simply flushing careers? The issue is a rogue agency that tramples on US citizens rights, murders us and steals our property on a regular basis

It's time to completely end the debacle that is BATF and expletives, not just catch a few if it's worst bad actors

How much longer will we put up with simply flushing careers? The issue is a rogue agency that tramples on US citizens rights, murders us and steals our property on a regular basis

It's time to completely end the debacle that is BATF and expletives, not just catch a few if it's worst bad actors

I hope public scrutiny results in some jail time for those responsible for this farce, and those responsible for the cover-up. As for the future of BATF&E, I think they have long since outlasted their function. One way to ensure liberty for all is to secure, or toss over the side, as many loose cannons as we can.

That giant flushing sound on the eastern horizon is someone's Justice Department career going down the toilet....
:s0095:

Yep, wonder which underling they're going to "throw under the bus" to save the present administration! Anyone that knew about the operation and assisted should resign, but we know that'll never happen. Someone will be indicted and fired but get full retirement benefits for life and that'll be it.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member

I hope public scrutiny results in some jail time for those responsible for this farce, and those responsible for the cover-up. As for the future of BATF&E, I think they have long since outlasted their function. One way to ensure liberty for all is to secure, or toss over the side, as many loose cannons as we can.

I fail to see what their valuable function ever was.. be that as it may, today is a new day, therefore overboard with them

They were originally set up as a tax agency......and became a classic example of mission creep.

Yeah, with the excuse that the absurdly high price for the time of a $200 tax stamp would deter rum runners who were willing to shoot it out with Thompson sub guns and fight with brass knuckles and baseball bats for territory

I'm reading the emails from the ATF to the FFL who questioned the ATF about their investigation. The ATF agent states "We are in conjuction with the United States Attorney Office (federal prosecuters) to secure the most comprehensive case involving the different facets of this orginization"

Does this mean that the ATf would have been working in conjunction with Attorney Gen Eric Holder or his people directly? now knowing this, Does it make sense that Holder would say he had no idea this was going on? Am I missing something?

sounds like we are all looking fwd to the 4/20/11 response by holder...

He reminds Holder that he has not asked Chairman Patrick Leahy to "join in any document requests, consider any subpoenas, or schedule any hearings into this matter..."

How does Patrick Leahy play into this exactly? I see him as a good man...wondering what his role is in this could be exactly

predictions? Does it look like the ATF will blame this thing on a few 'rogue agents' or some sort of patsy and fire them/prosecute them at this point? What do we have to do in order to get rid of the BATF forever?

Our gov is so out of control it makes me sick...

How does Patrick Leahy play into this exactly? I see him as a good man...wondering what his role is in this could be exactly

Leahy is the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee of which Grassley is a member. The Senate Judiciary Committee oversees the Justice Department and its divisions as well as broad crime, Constitution, and civil rights issues. Back in about 1982, the Judiciary Committee published a favorable <broken link removed> on the right to keep and bear arms which contained an appendix which was highly critical of the ATF.

The mantra of this administration; " Deny all culpability, cause mass confusion, point fingers in all directions."

Yes and that differs from the last administration how?
What did the Bush Admin say about the 8 billion dollars that they gave out in cash in Iraq that they could not even account for (8 BILLION in CASH!) and I'm sure much of it went to terrorists?
Or when the estimated costs of the Medicare drug reform bill (corporate welfare for drug companies) went above the limits that W said he would allow, so they threatened to fire the actuary if he told anyone and his boss Tommy Thompson got an ethics wavier so he could leave his post and become a drug lobbyist without any delay?
And how about that Brownie fellow who had no qualifiations to even be working for FEMA at all and mismanaged the Katrina effort costing hundreds of extra lives?
Any of these three situations is far worse than this one even if this one is worst case, sheesh!
But I see the country has a short memory and it can't wait to put another jerk like Dub into office.

The damning info in this letter is nothing new either. David Voth mentioned as the key tie in to the ATF in the 'damning new evidence' was the fellow in charge of gun opeations in Phoenix, not a high placed offical at all, and one we allready knew as being the motivator.

In case you need a reminder:
Patient neglect at Walter Reed, firing US Attorneys, Libby - Plame, Botching war in Afganistan, spending a trillion so far fighting a war we didn't have to in Iraq, not getting Bin Ladden, civilian contractors in Iraq like blackwater, no bid contracts of haliburton the VP's old company, prison torture in Iraq, putting many not guilty people into gitmo, illegal wiretapping, ending cia tracking of Saudi Money to terrorist groups as soon as he came into office (pre 9-11 duh!), special rendition, Energy planning with ENRON and working toward the deregulation that lead to us being ripped off to the tune of tens of billions, denying climate change and actually paying lawyers from energy lobbying groups to edit out any evidence of this from white house science documents, running huge deficts and not even being honest enough about it to have the costs of the wars added to the totals, letting health care insurance companies charge whatever they wanted without even using the bully pulpit to slam them, moving goon squads into Dade County to destroy any hope of ever getting a recount of the votes, worked to torpedo the 9-11 commision that found that our intelligence was terrible under his appointee Condie Rice who didn't even have one major meeting with the staff prior to 9-11, offended the UN by appointing the hater Bolton to be our ambassador, worked against the FDA and the EPA, put many genuine activist aholes into the position of federal judges (P. Ownes is a classic case of someone who always finds the weaker party in the wrong), creating the department of homeland security for absurd costs doing almost nothing, and I could go on for another whole page and only scratch the surface.

No one is saying this behavior is exclusive to the current administration... I think we all agreed no one here but you trusts the gov since the sixties and especially after 911. So now your saying that you don't trust them? You sir confuse the heck outta me.

I know the war is a sham...thanks for clearing that up. I don't want to sound like I am attacking you man. Sounds like your a critical thinker and I can appreciate that but the flip flopping is confusing

This isn't about what Bush did/didn't do buggy.

This is about the BATFE's misconduct under Holder and Obama, and damning e-mails in Sen. Grassley's possession.
Want to complain about Bush and his cabinet's misconduct buggy?
Start your own thread, don't try to side-track this one, or misdirect the message like you always do.

And for the rest that are interested in the Senate committee getting to the bottom of this issue,...
Stay tuned,
Dave is on the case!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews