JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been there several times. Lots of inventory, like previous post, seems mostly high-end stuff. Some nice Rifles on the wall, but the price tags are flipped over or not there. Same with the stuff in the cases. I'm not sure if they want to sell them or not. Most of the ammo was not priced. I'm close to building my AR-15. They have a loot of nice parts, but when I see no prices, I feel like I'm at a Car dealership and the price is what they think I can bear. Just the way I see it.

Best way to find out is to ask. They've never hesitated to give me a price when I've asked.

I'll reiterate, for me personally Blackwater is the only place I go for long guns. Even just based on retail pricing (not factoring in tax) Sully is competitive-to-below what I can find comparable items for in Washington. And for me it's worth the drive to BS with he and Nate.

Been there several times. Lots of inventory, like previous post, seems mostly high-end stuff. Some nice Rifles on the wall, but the price tags are flipped over or not there. Same with the stuff in the cases. I'm not sure if they want to sell them or not. Most of the ammo was not priced. I'm close to building my AR-15. They have a lot of nice parts, but when I see no prices, I feel like I'm at a Car dealership and the price is what they think I can bear. Just the way I see it.
You are not alone. I like the stuff the store sells, but I really don't like having to ask for the price on nearly every single thing. Makes me feel like the prices are variable depending on who's asking.

You are not alone. I like the stuff the store sells, but I really don't like having to ask for the price on nearly every single thing. Makes me feel like the prices are variable depending on who's asking.

+1 on this. I hate it when places don't show the prices on things. Not having prices on the guns means you're required to ask. It feels like a "tactic" (no pun intended :) ) so that you have to ask, and they make sure and get a "chance" at you in order for you to get the information you want. I hate that. Sometimes you're just curious, and you're level of seriousness on the "buy-o-meter" is at a 1. I just wanna know how much it is for my curiosity.

Having said that... I'll say that this has been my favorite place to buy anything in Salem. I've been in a half dozen times, and bought small things or ammo, and maybe only spent a couple hundred there total, but they've ALWAYS been friendly, polite and helpful. Even the times that I didn't buy anything, or talk to a single person, on my way out the door they've always hollered out, "Thanks for coming in". Which earns huge points in my book.

Were to begin.......
To the guy with the m-16 bolt carrier, I am sure that I am not the only guy that has ever had a "double tap" without pulling the trigger twice. This usually happens after allot of shooting and your gun is getting dirty. If you brag up your m-16 carrier and this happens you could be considered a Felon in the ATF's eyes.That isnt a risk that I or anyone that I known is willing to take. I have been in this shop many of times. Top notch people who are doing it right. I have been in sales all of my life ( including firearms) selling is 10% of the job, education is the other 90%. Honestly you would be better off with 2 ar-15 bolt carriers than you would be with 1 m-16 carrier anyway..... 2 is 1 and 1 is none. Please dont think that I am picking on you, I am simply saying that you might not have liked it, but he did his job well.

As for the pricing.....
I will agree that at times it can be a pain. But in Sully's defense prices keep changing. Just like the gas pump. Just becuase he bought the box shells x doesnt mean that the price is y. In order for a shop to stay open he must sell them for enough to replace the inventory. This Shop has way to much inventory to re-price all the merchandise every day or two. Please people dont hesitate to visit this shop, or ask the price. You will be pleasantly suprised at the pricing. I have found things in this store at or below online retailers.

Just my 2 cents.

Great service and selection! Jason and his team always go above and beyond to make sure that I'm happy. I have had multiple dealings with Jason and have always appreciated the great service, selection and gunsmithing!

I've been in this shop several times per month over the past year....

I am not in the process of building an AR and I figure I need to support my local shop before I purchase online. So I've been buying a part here and a part there. Then the question came today..."Are you trying to return a rifle to stock configuration?" to which I responded "Nope, I'm building a franken-gun" to which Jason said "Nothing wrong with that" and I breathed a complete sigh of relief. I was bracing for some retort about building an AR part by part to be dangerous and what not. Much to contrary Jason was supportive and has offered help and guidance along the way. This will keep me coming back for sure. Sure I might be able to save 5$ here and there purchasing parts online, but I love my community, and I love that there are shops like this in little ole Salem that are ready to help.

Now tomorrow I will be in with fingers crossed to pick up a firing pin, bolt cam pin, and firing pin retention pin.

Great service and selection. I took my Utah conceal carry class there and have the t-shirt to prove it. I have not bought a gun there yet, but have bought accessories and ammo. They cater to the tactical and LEO custoners.

Bought my first gun from BlackWater Tactical. Bought the last M&P Shield that I could find anywhere in Salem or the surrounding vicinity. Waking in I was a little unhappy because I knew that it was selling at 100% full retail price and I was hoping to find one at some kind of a discount.

For the sake of their business I won't go into any details (because I don't know if this is standard or not), but they sweetened my deal and made me a very, VERY happy customer.

As I said before, they're always friendly, they have cool stuff, and now I got the gun I wanted for a sweet deal. I don't know what's next on my list, but I will surely stop in to see them (or Ole's) before I walk into anywhere else.

I walked into this gun store today after waiting for a half hour have them open the door. It was worth the wait, quality parts, quality information.

The owner went out of his way to get me a working sling for the wife's day out tomorrow. He took one off another gun because he was currently out of exactly what I needed and sold it for a fair price along with the sling.

Yeah, I'll be back. It was a great experience.

I appreciate the kind remarks. Just so you guys know. If you get to the shop before normal hours and the lights are on, feel free to knock on the door and we will let you in. Most days we are here way before opening, but I will always let you in if you knock. Have a great weekend.

Sincerely, J

Should change their name to "MSRP + 15% Gun Sales". Transfers start at $100 and can go as high as $250. Other than that the people that work there are friendly and knowledgeable.

I stopped by once and found the people to be nice but the prices exceptionally high. Didn't buy a thing. Was looking for a Glock 19 but ended up buying it elsewhere for $70 less.

I stopped by once and found the people to be nice but the prices exceptionally high. Didn't buy a thing. Was looking for a Glock 19 but ended up buying it elsewhere for $70 less.
Did not respond to the poll, but I would give them excellent on staff, poor on pricing.

DGS as a chain is pretty fail, I know it says discount guns, but it isn't, and even if you're not looking for a gun, their piss-poor selection of accessories, and high prices on what they do have makes them a must-skip.

I can think of at least 6 places I would rather look in the seattle area.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top