Bighorn safes from Craigslist?

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by lucky strike, Oct 19, 2009.

1. lucky strike

lucky strike Member

6   0   0
    Looking at safes and on Craigslist there is a guy (just gives his first name, Danny) selling Bighorn safes. Prices are pretty good. Not as good as Costco but unfortunately I want a mechanical lock and Costco only offers electronic. Just wondering if anyone here has bought from him.
  2. BOBCATOWNER

BOBCATOWNER New Member

5   0   0
    I bought one of his safes about 8 months ago, and am totally happy with it.
  3. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Active Member

19   0   0
  4. lucky strike

lucky strike Member

6   0   0

Is he a business or just a dude selling out of his house? How much did he charge for shipping and did he get the safe inside or was it just curbside?

Trying to get all the info I can because I'm trying to decide between him and Mountainview
  5. BOBCATOWNER

BOBCATOWNER New Member

5   0   0
    He sells out of his house, but he sells a lot of them. He charged me 75.00 for delivery, and set it right where i wanted it.
  6. lucky strike

lucky strike Member

6   0   0
    Been emailing some more with the guy and the name of his business is Bulldog Tuff Safes. Seems like a nice guy and was quick to respond to email questions. I'm going to try and get an appointment to go take a look at Mountainview's stuff (and get the specs so I can make an informed comparison) since it's within a reasonable distance from my work and try and make a decision.

I've read that Mountainview's safes are "generic" versions of Liberty safes...anyone know if that's true?
  7. nitestocker

nitestocker Well-Known Member

96   0   0
    hey lucky strike let us no what you find out id like to no as well im going to be looking after CHRISTMAS and they look good for the 650.00 range