JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You might feel differently about the Moonies if it was your family member or loved one who was sucked into their cult, cut off from their family and brainwashed into marrying someone they didn't know.

You mean like the southern baptist have half of my family? Naw, I would by a gun even from the Southern baptists if it was high quality and American made. People make their own choices. If they want to be sheep let them be sheep.

So let me get this straight. I get to join the Kahr family and I get a partner for life? sounds like a great dating service for single guys who like guns.

I have a glock26 but I favor my beretta px4 sub compact.
It's slightly smaller and more accurate than my glock26, but the trigger is allot better and it's MUCH more comfortable to handle and shoot. It also accepts the 17 or 20 round mags from my full size px4

PX4-Storm-Sub-Compact-7.jpg

I'll stick with my Keltec P11, 9mm. It served me well while in Africa. Never had to fire a shot, but the mere presence of it struck fear in the bad guys. The belt clip is just too neat to be ignored. ;)

I can second the PPS. Fabulous gun, although it happens to be in .40 instead of 9mm. Very thin, easily concealable and very accurate for such a short barrel.

I will say Glock 26. Glocks are simple and reliable....they are the AK of pistols and parts are everywhere. If you ever want more fire power you can take a full size glock 9mm mag and use it in your sub compact. I have a glock 27 (sub) and i use glock 22 (full size) 15 rnd mags. I would go to a gun shop and hold a few different pistols..... glocks are not for everyone.

I have the Kel Tec PF9 for CC, as it is single stack, lightweight and works great for pocket carry, which is my carry method.

Some here will say that Kel Tec is junk, but mine has had ZERO problems, and I plan on having it for a long time.

The PF9 is only slightly larger than Kel Tec's P3AT.

It is a very affordable option if $$$ are an issue.

And one of the biggest reasons to get a Kel Tec is:

They are made in the USA!!!!:s0160:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

I have the Kel Tec PF9 for CC, as it is single stack, lightweight and works great for pocket carry, which is my carry method.

Some here will say that Kel Tec is junk, but mine has had ZERO problems, and I plan on having it for a long time.

The PF9 is only slightly larger than Kel Tec's P3AT.

It is a very affordable option if $$$ are an issue.

And one of the biggest reasons to get a Kel Tec is:

They are made in the USA!!!!:s0160:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Exactly. When I set out choosing an EDC, I had three criteria:

Less than 1 lb
9mm luger
made in usa.

That limited my selection quite a bit. Wound up getting a p-11 and I really like it. Once I got used to the trigger it shoots well and has been 100% reliable.

Edit: Note that I am by no means trying to say that the p11 is the best--just my choice for edc.

Everyone has their own "best CC gun" based on their own needs, as others have already stated. I have several 9mm's: an EMP, and a Kel-Tec PM9, and and a Glock, but for every day carry I'll most often take my Kahr PM9. It just works best for me, small and utterly reliable.

The Glock 26 is very reliable. The peace of mind that comes with that is priceless. And, with its simplicity, it is very easy to master.

One criteria that I always consider is that I should be able to reliably shoot the pistol with my weak hand - that maybe my left hand, or my weakened (e.g., injured) right hand. So far, the Glock is the only one that I can intentionally limpwrist and still function correctly (no FTE).

I've always found this video to be interesting, if not enlightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsew...48C3E29B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=62

Just passing it along for what it's worth -- sure not trying to start a mine's-better-than-yours debate. :)

Interesting.

My experience is opposite of what is in that video. The Springfield Loaded Target 1991 and the XD9 would FTE when lightly held, but the Beretta 92 and the Glock 17/26 are flawless (although these not the 'C'omp version used in the video).

I just got a deal on a Kel-Tec PF-9 on Gunbrokerdotcom. Their claim is the lightest and flatest 9mm made.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Calibers: 9mm Luger 9x19mm
Weight unloaded: 12.7 oz. 360g
Loaded magazine: 2.8 oz. 81g
Length: 5.85" 149mm
Height: 4.3" 109mm
Width: .88" 22mm
Barrel Length: 3.1" 80mm
Capacity: 7 + 1

I haven't shot it yet... planning on doing so within the next couple of days. I'll post a review then. I can say that it is very very comfortable to wear IWB, 4 o'clock w/ Uncle Mike's Size 1 holster (which will also fit the very compact CT LG-435 laser)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top