JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't care for Glocks (except for the 10mm I got to play with at the range one day.) Just don't care for the grip angle.

Shot an XD quite a bit. Good guns.

Wanted to try out a Sig, Kahr and Para-Ordinance, but all were quite hard to find in my area... especially "Try before you buy" models...

Finally found a Ruger SR9, and before I bought it, the shop owner asked if I wanted to wait for the SR9c he had coming any day... I waited, and boy am I glad I did! Great little gun. Easy and comfortable to carry, fits my fatguy hands well, not heavy, great shooter, easy to clean and, IMO 10+1 is plenty while still giving me a 17+1 option.

-Case

Finally found a Ruger SR9, and before I bought it, the shop owner asked if I wanted to wait for the SR9c he had coming any day... I waited, and boy am I glad I did! Great little gun. Easy and comfortable to carry, fits my fatguy hands well, not heavy, great shooter, easy to clean and, IMO 10+1 is plenty while still giving me a 17+1 option.

+1 I love this gun! It fit my hands perfect and the slide has rounded edges so it is easier to conceal.

I would sugest hands down for ccw a Kahr pm9 or a PPS 9mm

I shoot the PPS way better than the Kahr but it may be my gun.

Now for a double stack I would go for a XD sub compact with pierce mag ext.
Convert to 9mm with barrel conversion $140 use same mags as the 40 and get both guns.

MP compact is great as well but xd with pierce feels better in the hand.

Trigger is lighter as well

I know 2 LEOs who carry their Glock 22's OWB in rather high, FBI cant holsters, at 4:00. They wear an oversized (one size big) untucked shirt and the dang guns are hard to detect.

I've started carrying my G23 the same way. I just caught a good sale on a bunch of polo shirts and t-shirts and I'm more comfortable than I've ever been.

Since the OP was about 9mm, a G17 or 19 or any similar sized brand would work too. :)

I do like the weight of the poly guns.

$.02

At least check out the M&P compacts...I love my full sized ones. It's made in the USA too.

The best advice is to try out all the various ones and see which one fits you best...but at least include the M&P in your mix!

The XD SC 9mm is a reliable choice with some features not seen on other subcompacts, such as the grip safety, loaded chamber indicator etc.

I avoid Kahr Arms because I don't like to support self proclaimed messiah Rev Moon and his Unification Church cult, who owns the company with his son.

Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, March 10, 1999; Page A1

With parts of its sprawling business empire in decline, the Unification Church headed by the Rev. Sun Myung Moon is finding profits in one of the least-known of its commercial ventures: making guns.

Moon's four-year-old gun company, Kahr Arms, has prospered amid glowing reviews for the workmanship of its small but potent pistols. Last month, Kahr Arms expanded, purchasing the company that manufactures Tommy guns, fabled in Roaring '20s mob shootouts from speeding black sedans.

The ties between Kahr Arms and the Unification Church headed by Moon have received almost no notice, both within the close-knit gun industry and among church members. The business arm of the church, whose members believe that Moon is the Messiah and was placed on earth to restore the Garden of Eden, declined to clarify its involvement in the gun business.

One ex-member said that for years church leaders have tried to obscure the movement's involvement with Kahr Arms. "They were afraid if anti-cult groups found out, they'd have a field day," the former member said.

But an examination of corporate records and interviews with experts on the secretive Moon empire demonstrate the links between the church's business network and Kahr Arms. Kahr, whose factory is in Worcester, Mass., is controlled by Kook Jin "Justin" Moon, 28, the elder Moon's fourth son and slated to be second-in-command of the multibillion-dollar Moon empire when the 79-year-old father dies. Justin Moon and his siblings are revered by church members as the Messiah's "True Children."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/march99/moon10.htm

The XD SC 9mm is a reliable choice with some features not seen on other subcompacts, such as the grip safety, loaded chamber indicator etc.

I avoid Kahr Arms because I don't like to support self proclaimed messiah Rev Moon and his Unification Church cult, who owns the company with his son.
I do not find their religious beliefs any more absurd than anyone else's so I do not care if they own it. I care that they make a fine product and they do it in America.

While not the "best" I do really like my Kel Tec P11. Fits in my pockets fine, and I have 11 rounds.

G26 or XD sub-compact would be my pick if I wanted to spend twice as much.

These I consider in the pocketable (with big pockets) category. Personally, if I'm gonna wear a holster, I'd rather have a full size gun. My pick is a Hi Power for this.

I do not find their religious beliefs any more absurd than anyone else's so I do not care if they own it.

You might feel differently about the Moonies if it was your family member or loved one who was sucked into their cult, cut off from their family and brainwashed into marrying someone they didn't know.

You might feel differently about the Moonies if it was your family member or loved one who was sucked into their cult, cut off from their family and brainwashed into marrying someone they didn't know.
You mean like the southern baptist have half of my family? Naw, I would by a gun even from the Southern baptists if it was high quality and American made. People make their own choices. If they want to be sheep let them be sheep.

WOW! Rohrbaugh is one Co. full of pride.
You can get that ultra compact nine in the Special Forces model for $3750.

And I thought Sig was expensive!
(although their mags run the same at $44)Whew...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top