JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am saving up for a red dot (not a eotech or aimpoint though) I cannot make up my mind what I want. Here are a couple names of red dots I like

Bushnell Trophy MP. (acog look alike) 150 shipped...T reticle....red & green Dot

Primary Arms red dots. I like the T1 clone or the M3 clone 100 or less shipped
4 MOA

bushnell holosight (eotech look alike) 150-200 shipped 65 MOA with 2 MOA

I am just looking for some opinions on what optics you would trust for your AR 15...this is a range gun...not so much for SHTF. I am wanting something will hold up :gun13: to the 5.56 Evil Black Rifle :s0087: Are there any other red dots I should know about? 100-200 price range.

:s0067:

Bushnell HoloSight is a great one! They're just first generation EoTechs.

I've had a few friends with Primary Arms items and they are 100% happy with their performance. Mr. Marsh has very high standards for what he imports and stands behind his products to the fullest. Buy from a reputable person and you'll be good to go!

Let us know what you come up with! Mike

I got a buddy with a vortex strike fire he seems to be pretty happy with it cost him like 150 and it came with a free mount to cowitness the BUIS.Does bushnell still make the holosight? I would love to get one of those,my AR currently has a millet DMS 1-4x24 with illuminated reticale which iam pretty happy with cost me like 260 for it and the mount (Burris PEPR) and iam happy with that.

I like the strike fire, but, I think it is a little 2 much compared to the PA. Also I dont need the features on the vortex like the 2x Mangnifier that screws on, green dot or the NV capability. Im leaning toward the PA because 80 shipped for a M3 clone with a cantilever mount. 1/3 co witness, & most of all I hear it works good. Another question...I am currently using a matech buis for my rear sight, Do I need to get a smaller 2 MOA because I am using such a small aperature? Another thing I was hoping to speak a little more about..the different choices in reticles I am choosing. I am going from a T dot to a 4 MOA dot back down to a 65 MOA/2MOA. Which is better & why? I really like the bushell trophy MP (acog look alike) but do I really want the extra weight on my rifle? For those of you that do not know about primary arms...He seems to be making high quality aimpoint clones at 1/5 of the price. I have read a good amount of reviews on his Aimpoint T1 Clone & the M3 clone. Both are supposed to work great on a 5.56 AR 15 while holding zero. As far as the spot goes, I have never heard of it.

I have a IOR Valdada RDS Edge Red Dot on my M4. It is very well made and comes w/ a good mount for around $200.

Specs:
1x magnification, waterproof, shockproof, and tested on heavy semi auto weapon systems, this Red Dot differs from the rest with it's newly designed exposed knobs. 11 position rheostat adjusts the 5 MOA dot brightness from dim to highly visible in broad daylight. 800 hours continuous usage on lowest setting and NVD compatible.

Valdada R.D.S. EDGE
Magnification.............................1x (no magnification)
Eye Relief..................................constant with no parallax
Reticule.....................................Red Dot with diameter of 5 MOA
Length.......................................4.75 inches with caps off
Weight.......................................7 ounces
Adjustment Value.......................1/2 MOA with our NEW EXPOSED KNOBS
Battery Size...............................3 Volt CR 2032 lithium up to 800 hours

<broken link removed>

BIG +1 for the SPOT

+1 For the S.P.O.T. Dot. $150 from centerfire systems. I have one on my AR and it's tough enough and water resistant enough and it holds a fine zero. 2moa 11 brightness settings. <broken link removed>

Hawk makes some red dots so cheap I'm sure they're gonna brake but I want to buy one anyways... <broken link removed> Scroll down and find the fake point for $20.00

I will be putting a Burris Fast fire on my wife's AR. They are smaller red dots with a varity of mounts some that will protect the sight quite nicely. And the Burris fits in the price range list thus far.

This one is good, for the money. $99. I got one.

It is the top of the line Tasco, made in Phillipines. It is solid, and holds zero, 5moa dot.

Check out the Burris, made in Phillipines. I got a Millet DMS1 and it's made in China. It's hard to draw the line, at what's junk and what's good. I've always heard that Phillipines glass is higher quality compared to China. If you want to pony up $400, get an Eotech, but for $99, this ones pretty good.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=738827

I like the burris...but I didnt know people use it as their main optic on their AR's. I also like how small it is. Whats the MOA?
Being small it should less prone to snagging on clothing or other loose objects. The dot is 4 MOA and for a short range weapon this should be allow quick aquistion of targets.

been through most of these optics best advice is to save up a little longer and get an eotech or aimpoint eotech 512 at kieths was like 340 brand new

I guess I could say that wasnt the best opinion...but I dont have 340 & dont care to save up when I could get 2 bushnell holo's for that price....No NV though ( I dont need it) or armor proof again (I dont need it)

I have the Primary Arms unit on my dedicated .22lr AR. It gets beat hard and still works as it should. If your life isn't depending on the optic, it is well worth several times what they cost. Customer service is top notch as well. He took the time to call me and answer my questions in detail.

I have a millet SP-1 on an AK and before that it was on a Marlin in 45-70. Just a simple, rugged sight. It's held up to about 100 rounds of 45-70 and at least 1500 of x39 and always maintained it zero. I highly recommend them and they can be had for around $100. Stay away from the multi color/reticule models though, non of the reviews have been very good, simpler is better I guess. The come in a three or five M.O.A dot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top