JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
See thread in "Hunting" forum, titled "Hunting with 357/44...". Page 2, for a post I placed there regarding "brush busting" cartridges, and a chance to win a big 10 points!

Your entry will qualify you for a drawing for 11 points!

An excellent discreption of his article. If my "old" memory is correct, it was in Outdoor life was it not? If I recall correctly, his theory was that a spitzer was deflected less than a round nosed projectile due it's angle of deflection? I have a .45-70 built on a double barrel platform that is deadly when used in it's proper application. That said, I would never take a shot through the brush, I owe that to the animal that I intend to kill. Now if you can only convince those that actually still believe they are used for "brush" shooting. Well done.

They aren't going to kill a deer, but if simply getting through brush is what you're after, a 12 gauge with a heavy load & packed with flechette will reach your target through brush.
They used to use it in Vietnam to get through the heavy foliage when receiving fire from snipers in trees.

.348 Winchester 250 grain flat point. won't deflect it will crash through smaller brush until it hits something with the density of a Brown bear. Sorry only available in the Model 71 Winchester.

the second rifle I hunted with as a kid I think from 14 to 17. Had to give up the 30-30 younger brother needed something so dad shifted me up.

in my hunting group,im the young guy so im the one that has to beat the brush in the valleys flushing game out. so something quick handling and powerful is ideal. love my marlin 336 in .35 rem. great close range knockdown power. not great for range. wouldnt dare a longer shot than 200 yrds

They're only about 96lbs empty.....what are you..lazy????:s0114::s0114:

They are heavy as a mofo. I once had to carry the M2, tripod, T&E, and barrel in my ruck once as well as my M16. Needless to say it took two troops to get me on my feet with my ruck on. I couldn't run but it wasn't that bad humping it on your back once you're on your feet.

They are heavy as a mofo. I once had to carry the M2, tripod, T&E, and barrel in my ruck once as well as my M16. Needless to say it took two troops to get me on my feet with my ruck on. I couldn't run but it wasn't that bad humping it on your back once you're on your feet.
I have many hours hanging on the back of of a Ma Duce, and used to regularly pack them below decks to PM them. We had them deck mounted over a unique version of an 81MM mortar which could be either drop fired or trigger fired. Very effective little combo.

560.jpg

I dont bust brush with the bullet I bust it with my butt so I have a clear shot with the 45/70. I dont shoot at what I dont have a clear sight picture of and that would include several very nice bucks I've had the pleasure to meet and watch run away.

This is a BS.concept....People started talking of Brush guns (Weapons suited for hunting in heavy cover, large bullets with good conetic energy to disable game fast) not guns for smashing through brush. I have seen testing were a rack was made and small branches placed into it and placed in front of a target...the amount of deflection was shocking!
IF you cant see and get a clean humain shot dont fire at it....I feel many accidental shootings could be avoided by people thinking and placing the shot instead of rattleing away at Brush!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top