JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own a Ruger MkII bull barrel, bought it used. Never fails to fire what I feed, accurate as all get out.

But I just bought one of the new Ruger SR22, great little unit and. Also very accurate little pistol.

It's probably a lot like the mosquito. People that don't clean the gun or use the recommended ammo have tons of problems. Other people that do clean them and use the right stuff find them to work fine

I owned 2 p22s, the first one i sent back to walther due to ejection problems( the cases came straight back at your face every shot.)
They sent e a new one with no explanation... so i sold it and have no intetest in ever owning one again.
With the proceeds from the p22 I bout a m&p15-22p... by far the most fun ive ever had with a 22pistol

Have a P22 and it shoots great! Loves cheap ammo, accurate and reliable. I have heard others say they have had terrible luck with them, but thankfully ours has been great. The only tricky thing is the take down and reassembly.

Do not ignore the Browning Buckmarks. I've had one for about a year and fired hundreds of rounds, different brands, very few failures. Very easy to clean and lubricate. Easy to upgrade (i.e. replace barrel, sights, scopes, grips, etc.). Replaced factory with a threaded TacSol barrel to attach my 22lr suppressor.

The Rugers are great pistols, too. And I'd have one instead of a Buckmark had it not been for the fact the serial number, hence the firearm, is the upper/barrel assembly, not the frame. Replacing the barrel is buying a new gun!
I have the exact same setup; a Buckmark with the Tactical Solutions 4" barrel, and a Gemtech Outback II suppressor. When I shoot it with the factory UDX heavy target barrel, or the light TS barrel, or with the suppressor on it, it is like three different pistols, as you say.

Decided to get a new sig mosquito instead of a walther. It felt better in my hands than the walther. Shot about 300 rounds through it with no problems. I started with cci and then tried bulk cheaper ammo and they all worked fine. I did oil up the pistol before and during shooting it. Very happy with it though.

Decided to get a new sig mosquito instead of a walther. It felt better in my hands than the walther. Shot about 300 rounds through it with no problems. I started with cci and then tried bulk cheaper ammo and they all worked fine. I did oil up the pistol before and during shooting it. Very happy with it though.

Haven't tried the cheap ammo yet, but this has been my experience using mini-mags as well- my only gripes are that the mag only holds 10 rounds, and they cost freaking $40 each- other than that I love it

The SR22 my wife bought has been perfect for 600 rounds, went bang every time. Was a mix of federal value, winchester bulk & some old 20+ year old ammo my dad had and didn't use anymore. It even peaked the interest of Chuck over at Johnson Creek Gun Club -- after I let his students test it out he was thinking about getting one as a trainer for sensitive shooters, as a training platform.

What do you think of the Glock in 22LR, or perhaps even a dual caliber with a 9mm upper / slide and barrel and a 22lr conversion? Reason I am asking, I have a 9mm Glock 17 and for little over $200 you can get a workable 22LR. Why? Shooting more popular rounds, tactical training alternatives, money saving, what if you run out of 9mm in peculiar crunchy times...? Of course you will never have the a 9mm and 22LR as separate guns. It's either or... Any takes on that?

Thanks

I have a Sig Mosquito and a S&W 22A. The S&W was flawless right out of the box, shoot anything and pretty accurate for me (I'm not the best shot in the world). I really like this small
handgun. My Sig Mosquito fits my hand perfectly and shoots well except for the fail to fire (I manually cock the hammer or use double action to hit the rimfire a second time), then it works. Changed out the recoil springs and have polished the receiver area. This has helped a lot. Still would not like having to depend on it in a gun fight.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top